2000 Appearance Build

sprayed99

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been looking to do a scsb project since I sold my 2000 . It was the same pewter color and everything. Damn Im jealous. Plus the fact you can pick these things up cheap now and they still have a stout little motor in em.

Good luck with the build, I will be following this for sure.

I can't wait to see what all you have in store for that truck...Any plan on painting the black plastic on the mirrors?

as of right now no.... the mirrors are full power so I know I will use the folding option....which risks wear marks on the paint so they will stay black for now.

Some belated pics -

Dan at the pressure washer -

_DSC0122-w.jpg

Truck with cab & fenders color sanded -

_DSC0123-w.jpg

rear window - this is a GOOD EXAMPLE of how to NEGLECT your truck... the past owner regularly washed the truck at the drive-thru car wash and just let the truck drip-dry, what he did not know is that the chemicals from the automatic car wash ETCHED the glass (and the rest of the truck!) over 9+ years of this treatment; take a look at the reflection of the brick garage on the left-hand side of the window (nice and clear, you can easily see the bricks and mortar) and compare to the reflection of the right-hand side of the window (all foggy) - we have been literally compounding the glass and it took a good 8 man-hours of rubbing just to get this far :mad:

_DSC0126-w.jpg

Prepping the HD hood for paint -

_DSC0143-w.jpg

Mr. P. :)