What Kind Of Wiring Harnes Do I Need For My Ss

Well I almost have my install complete just shy of the HU itself and the door speakers. i went to install my HU and the wiring harness form my 02 xtreme wouldnt work which I didn know til I got to it. We have everything else ran. What kind of wiring harness or interface do I need. I picked up a AXXESS GM03-01 at a local speed shop but I dont think its for our bose system. I seareched on that brands website and I think it calls for a GM03-04 model for the bose. Any help help here is nice.

Thanx guys!

well the new harness doesnt have an acc wire so u ahve to run that to ur ignition (orange wire under steering colum) and also if u want to keep ur bose and stuff ur gonna have to do the interface. u can do that or individually run wires to each spearker and to the radio. all u need is power ground and ignition to get the radio to work and the rest is if ur going to a 4 channel amp or just gonna push the bose with ur HU.

The one I bought has an orange wire on the harness that goes to the stock harness.

Im gonna be running a 4ch. amp for the doors speaks and tweets. So Ill prob just unhook the bose amp and sub thats in the console and not use it. So is the harness I got the one I need or do I need to get the -04 model that I mentioned?

Edited by firehawknwv (see edit history)

u need the gm-03 i dont remember the exact modle but its 03-07 (07 obs). if u disconnect ur amp ur gonna lose ur steering controls, onstar, ac jacks and ur driver side ac/heater light will go off. u need to just unplug the bose SUB and leave everything else alone and run ur wires for the 4 channel or the interface is trash

Well my truck dont have Onstar but I think the sterring wheel controsls (U2K) will go out from wut i understand with an aftermarket stereo anyways unless u get another hookup thing for it. Ok I wont touch the bose stuff under the center console then. So ur sayind just hookup the interface and run the wires form my speakers to my 4ch. amp and It should work fine. Im also using a Interfire processor that will be mounted under my HU which will be wehre the RCAs from the 4ch. will be hooked up. Just thougt Id mention it but dont think that changes things.

That's why I didn't want Onstar or Bose. Too much crap to bypass it when you are just gonna put in an aftermarket radio...I didn't have either, and I used the GMRC01 harnes by metra. Great harness.

Mine is an 05 w/o bose, onstar...steering controls, etc. Is that the harness I need? And do you perhaps have a link.

Do you still have all the chimes?