Broke Into My Truck And Took My Pioneer F900bt Navi Dvd Player

STKING

So last night I parked my SS at about 10pm in the middle of my drive way at my house. My sisters Silverado was on the street, as well as my dads Tahoe. About 2am my sister woke my parents because her alarm was going off. I guess my Dad went outside to check did a walk around all the cars and didn't see anything. Everyone in the house failed to wake me...Anyway I was on my way to my truck about 7am, opened the door and ... WTF where is my navi? DId it fall out somehow? Did I take it out and forget?? My car was locked how could anyone get in!!! IT WAS GONE! The dash was half out and they decided to cut half the wires and unplug the rest. My Pioneer F900bt that I just installed with dvd bluetooth ipod and navi was gone. I spent so much money on that thing to get all the right hook ups and to it right. Not to mention all the time I put into my system. I had to leave to work (I took another car) my sister stayed and called the cops. They came took a report and dusted for fingerprints which i was surprised about. I came home to find out that they had taken a screw driver under the door handel and pried it open. So now not only is the Navi missing, there is a huge dent in my door. Really pissed about it. I thought it was gone forever....Untill i realized the only person who would have known it was there that I could not absolutly trust. About a month ago I had it detailed. I wasn't home but my dad was talking to the detailer who is a really nice guy. He said the kid working with him was a real mess up but he was trying to give him a second chance. The kid has to be my best lead. Know one else knew it was there maybe 4 of my friends who I have known sense 5th grade. Im going to call the detailer tmr and ask him about the kid maybe where he lives so I can steak him out. What do you guys think. Im really upset soo much money for me its going to cost close to 2k to fix everything because insurance wont cover aftermarket units.

that sux man I would be really upset as well but thats why I dont put stuff like that in my cars unless Im parking it in a garage which im not it would be nice to have stuff like that but you just cant trust anyone these days and hoping someone doesn't mess with your truck just isnt enough anymore. If i had the money i would put up a camera and a damn good alarm on my truck just for my piece of mind.

Ya the area I live in the a good area, expensive homes and all but its sad that it doesn't even matter crime is everywhere. I plan on finding the kid and figuring out where he lives just to take a look at his car, then go from there. Eventually I will be putting up motion sensors and a camera also getting an alarm so its going to get expensive and ill have to spend money I don't have. All because there are shitty people out there. This was my unit...avic-f900bt.jpg

Edited by STKING (see edit history)

I hear ya man. I had the same thing happen on CHRISTMAS MORNING this past year. I had mom's stocking stuffer in my back floorboard, a $30 dvd player. I took her out to breakfast, when we walked back to the parking lot, the DVD player was gone and the driver's lock was punched in. I was like... Christmas morning??? Is nothing sacred???

Now my truck is protected by Viper and Springfield Armory :fart:

I hear ya man. I had the same thing happen on CHRISTMAS MORNING this past year. I had mom's stocking stuffer in my back floorboard, a $30 dvd player. I took her out to breakfast, when we walked back to the parking lot, the DVD player was gone and the driver's lock was punched in. I was like... Christmas morning??? Is nothing sacred???

Ya it sucks. People these days :fume: . With the economy the way it is it seems like its only going to get worse. How much did it cost to fix the door? What kind of Viper alarm do you have and how much did you pay for it? I heard they have one that can tell you whats going on up to a mile away from your truck??

XD-40 FTW :D

My Pioneer F900bt that I just installed with dvd bluetooth ipod and navi was gone. I spent so much money on that thing to get all the right hook ups and to it right.

Have you told anyone you had this new setup? I dont even trust my friends around my truck. I guess I have a trust issue...

keep your shit in the garage

Not all of us have that luxury.....

Have you told anyone you had this new setup? I dont even trust my friends around my truck. I guess I have a trust issue...

:withstupid: Agreed, you never know, it could have been one of your friends. Either way it sucks, I am sorry to hear this happened. You said your sisters alarm was going off? Sounds to me like they checked all of the vehicles at your house, and yours had the nicest prize in the dash, so they took it. It could have been any random thief in reality. You should check with your neighbors to see if any of them had stuff stolen too.....

Thieves :M16:

Not all of us have that luxury.....

:cheers: . Ya what was that all about WICKEDOWESIX

:withstupid: Agreed, you never know, it could have been one of your friends. Either way it sucks, I am sorry to hear this happened. You said your sisters alarm was going off? Sounds to me like they checked all of the vehicles at your house, and yours had the nicest prize in the dash, so they took it. It could have been any random thief in reality. You should check with your neighbors to see if any of them had stuff stolen too.....

Thieves :M16:

Ya well I really doubt it was any of my friends. I have known them forever and besides the fact that any of them know I would beat there ass if I ever found out. Sadly in reality none of them are that talented to break into my car :mellow: . Well I think what happend was they got to my truck took out the Navi it went so well the decided to go after my sisters truck to see what they could find. Only thing is my sisters truck has an aftermarket alarm that woke her up and they ran.