When Will It End?

GetWithIt

Got home today, and now the damn blower motor will NOT shut off... :mad: ......Turn the key off, turn the power off on the dash................still running. Took the cable off the battery for now......Did some research, and the only thing I came up with was the culprit being a relay under the dash on the passenger side under the glove box...................

Anybody else ever had this issue??? If so, is the relay the problem or ? ....How much is this gonna cost me?????...................... :banghead: I'm already lookin at $850 next week for the new ac compressor and things...............I don't think my "other half" is gonna be understanding for much longer.............

Replace the blower resistor module, I had the same issue last month. It costs like $130 at the dealer and takes 15 minutes to change.....

I know how you feel, it is one thing after another with my truck too.....last month, the blower resistor; last week, my sunroof(too expensive to fix); and today on the way home it seems like my passenger side front caliper has frozen. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Replace the blower resistor module, I had the same issue last month. It costs like $130 at the dealer and takes 15 minutes to change.....

I know how you feel, it is one thing after another with my truck too.....last month, the blower resistor; last week, my sunroof(too expensive to fix); and today on the way home it seems like my passenger side front caliper has frozen. :mad: :mad: :mad:

It just gets extremely frustrating at times...... :mad: ........I love the truck, but sometimes I wonder if it's worth the headaches......My reasoning for buying the truck to begin with was to pass it on to my son later on down the road..(he's only 5 right now).......Always told myself that if I ever had a boy, that I would have at least one "cool" vehicle to pass on to him......Just kinda doing things for him that I wished my dad would have done for me...... :lol:

Sorry to hear about your caliper.....I just need to remember that things don't last forever, but I wish they wouldn't all go to crap at once!!!!!!!!!!

Hey GetWithIt

I talked to a friend at work who had his AC in his 03 Suburban do what yours was doing...

Dealer told him $900+ He had a shop do it instead. Cost him $550

Then he tells me he thinks he 04 2500 Crew is starting with the same simptons.. UGH!!!!

Now he didn't have the blower issue, That blows!! no pun intended..

Might look around for a shop you trust and save a few bucks on the compressor..

Went and bought a new module today....($85)...and it fixed the blower issue. Thanks for the help everybody------------ :cheers:

Tzer, I feel sorry for your friend......once is bad enough, I couldn't imagine having to shell out the money twice.............. :eek:

The truck is going in Monday to get the new AC compressor and everything else done to it, and by Thursday, it should be listed on my local Craigslist............................

............. :jester::jester: .......(or at least that's what I have felt like doing)....... :lol:

But anyways.... Thanks for all of the input/help guys........... and a big "Thanks" to Dan (Fireman31) for answering my PM's............. :cheers:

Went and bought a new module today....($85)...and it fixed the blower issue. ........... and a big "Thanks" to Dan (Fireman31) for answering my PM's............. :cheers:

No problem, always glad to help. :thumbs: You only paid $85 for the resistor, man I got ripped off! :uhoh::fume:

No problem, always glad to help. :thumbs: You only paid $85 for the resistor, man I got ripped off! :uhoh::fume:

.............. :lol: ..........Wasn't from the dealer tho........Got it at a place called (appropriately enuf) "PoorMans Auto".......they deal in AcDelco parts, and they are always cheaper than anyone else.......They have been a lifesaver on more than one occasion.................

Edited by GetWithIt (see edit history)