Sleep Apnea

cwest94

I never woke up during the night feeling like I can't breath or anything, my problem is that I'm tired all the time. No matter how many hours of sleep I get during the night, I always wake up feeling like I never got any sleep and feel really tired and weak through out the entire day. I am also having problems at work where I keep forgetting things that I normally would know and I can not stay awake while sitting at my desk. I also feel like I wanna fall asleep while driving to and from work, especially while sitting in rush hour traffic when I'm just sitting and not moving. Lately the tiredness has been getting much worse to the point that I feel like I can't do anything at all cause I just have no energy to do things, which is killing my summer. I have tried going to bed and waking up at the same time on my work and off days and have tried adjusting my eating and making sure I do not have caffeine past the middle of the afternoon. I never really heard anything about sleep apnea till recently and I am now starting to think this could be my problem. I am not sure about others, but when I am very tired, I'm in a cranky mood and since this is how I feel all the time, I'm finding myself lashing out on others. I've been having this problem for a few years now and any time I have gone to my doctor, he just tells me to not drink any caffeine (which all I drink is one cup of tea in the morning) and to make sure I get 8hrs of sleep every night and thats it.

Have you seen a doctor at all? If not, you may want to. What you describe sounds like a Thyroid issue. Maybe some blood tests should be in the orders.....

I think I'm pretty healthy. I hit the gym 4 or 5 days a week and run 3 miles 3 days a week and ride my bike for several miles each time and I am no where near over weight, average build. Oh, and I do not smoke or drink.

The last time I went to the doctor about this problem (Feb of this year) he did a full set of blood work including thyroid and everything came back fine.

I have a old VHS camcorder that I think I'll set up to record myself sleeping and see what happens. Wonder if they still sell VHS tapes in the store? :P If that shows something or nothing, I'm just going to look into a sleep study place where you go for the night while they monitor you.

What about depression ? Anything going on in your life or just life in general that's getting you down? Everyone on here could ask questions and go on all month long and not get to the bottom of it. What you need to do is find a doctor that is thorough. Sometimes a second opinion isn't a bad thing. A complete history of your health, both physical and mental, along with the right doctor might be all it takes, in the form of advice, meds, treatment, whatever to get you back to whatever it is that is 'normal' for you. Good luck bro. No lack of people that want to help on this site.