Painted The Brake Calipers And Rotors.

shawnss

So i didnt have much going on today and i wanted to work on the SS so i painted the brakes. It took way to long but it turned out fair. Its the little detail. that really makes me like working on the truck. i plan on doing a big brake kit with in a year and im plaing on painting those calipers this way also. heres some picture let me know if its to much. i dont want to over do it.

micspics044.jpg

micspics032.jpg

micspics047.jpg

micspics048.jpg

I think it looks kickass. I wish I could find the time to do stuff like this to my ss

Yeah me to. The sad thing is that i had to request friday off from both job just to have the time to paint them. I dont get to work on the truck much. I put in about 75hrs a week between both jobs. Suck but i have mod money now :D

The paint is just a color matched paint arrival blue. I know some people say use high temp. but ive painted afew with color match and never had a problem. From start to finish i have about 7 hours in to them. but i did it right and cleaned them all and i put like 8 coats all together( primer, base coat silver, color match bluse and clear coat. sorry if anything is spelt wrong ive had alittle to mudch to drink.

where did you get the color matched paint from...

I get mine from car quest paint and refinishing center. I have heard you can get it at napa and i know you can get it from O'reillys paint center. it needs to be paint center. i live in montana so if i cant get it im sure you can. they just put it in a spray paint can for 20$.