Summer Vacation Pics

Big O

Hey Tim ... The pics look incredible :thumbs: :thumbs:

I still want to do a Winter tour through Yellowstone on snomobile ... Do a two or three day trip. Then spend the rest of the time skiing at Big Sky ... :thumbs:

Maybe you could set up a SSS.com Yellowstone winter trip ... LOL ... Hint Hint .. Wink Wink ..

dang!, those are good pics. nice :thumbs:

Thanks

awsome pics I really would like to see in person one day

You should make it happen, so much variety you can be in different worlds in less than an hour drive

Those are awesome pics! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks

Very nice Tim, looks like a good time. :cheers:ownedthumb.gif

Yeah it was a blast.

:withstupid: very cool man

Gracias

Looks like you had a blast! Tou guys took some very nice pictures. I figured you used some L series glass there. I love my 17-40 for landscape shots. Of all my L series glass my favorite overall is my 24-105.

Again, VERY nice shots, thanks again

I would love to go back sometime and devote a day or two to photography but I don't see that happening, Lil O had a blast though, made it well worth the sacrafice. He actually got some really good shots with his little 1 megapixel FisherPrice camera...I should post them up tooo haha. I think the 24-105 would be an awesome walk around lens, seems to have a good following too. It seemed no matter what lens we took on the hike we always had the wrong one .. too short or too long, oh well ... it made it easy to just sit back and soak it all in and not worry about composition/exposure/etc

Hey Tim ... The pics look incredible :thumbs: :thumbs:

I still want to do a Winter tour through Yellowstone on snomobile ... Do a two or three day trip. Then spend the rest of the time skiing at Big Sky ... :thumbs:

Maybe you could set up a SSS.com Yellowstone winter trip ... LOL ... Hint Hint .. Wink Wink ..

Wouldn't that kick ass :cheers: I've never been up there in the winter I bet it is a whole different beast then the summer ... if nothing else it should be less populated, man the tourists were something else this time. That would be a sweet scene, a ton of SS's twisting up a mountain and kicking back at the lake S(summer not winter). Someone make it happen haha

Beautiful pictures, Tim. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks man

I think the 24-105 would be an awesome walk around lens, seems to have a good following too.

I have the 24-105 on my 5D II, and I am a tad disappointed with the lens. It has have some chromatic aberration, though it is easily corrected with Photoshop. But it does have a nice range of zoom without weighing a ton.

look at the finger of rock in the lower center

IMG_0661y.jpg

full frame picture with reduced resolution to give you an idea how much the above photo was cropped.

IMG_0661x.jpg

The vignetting seems to be due my stack of filters being too thick (UV filter plus polarizer).

Here are a few more, they were pretty far away so the quality isn't quite the best, but good enough for me :)

Ugly ass bighorn sheep

post-4784-1249261387_thumb.jpg

A moose chomping on some grass

post-4784-1249261467_thumb.jpg

Mr Coyote made eye contact with us but boogie'd out

post-4784-1249261420_thumb.jpg

I have the 24-105 on my 5D II, and I am a tad disappointed with the lens. It has have some chromatic aberration, though it is easily corrected with Photoshop. But it does have a nice range of zoom without weighing a ton.

look at the finger of rock in the lower center

IMG_0661y.jpg

full frame picture with reduced resolution to give you an idea how much the above photo was cropped.

IMG_0661x.jpg

The vignetting seems to be due my stack of filters being too thick (UV filter plus polarizer).

Sweet setup man, I'm uber jealous. There were more than a handful of situations where I thought the HD video capabilities of the 5dII would come in handy. I see what you mean on CA, but most people wouldn't even notice that I imagine. I wouldn't mind getting into filters and taking landscapes a little more serious, people do some real cool things with a few screw on toys lol

Edited by big o (see edit history)

Some beautiful shots Tim. I'm hoping to go there next summer. Just me and the wife so I can spend some serious lens time. Love the shot of the cottage by the lake and the dead tree in the rocky area. You've really got an eye for composition. I shot a bunch of the old twisted trees on our trip to the Grand Canyon. Thought I was the only one that liked that kind of stuff. LOL Surprised to see Elk in velvet this time of year. The elk at the Canyon didn't even have their horns yet. Of course that was a couple months ago.

We should really check and see how many people would be up for a SSS get together in a place like that. I know I'd be there.

Wow those pictures are truely amazing. It looks like a bunch of post cards. NICE

where can i order a few copies of those post cards, lol.... cant wait till i get the op to take my girls on a trip like that! once again, those pictures are beautiful!

Some beautiful shots Tim. I'm hoping to go there next summer. Just me and the wife so I can spend some serious lens time. Love the shot of the cottage by the lake and the dead tree in the rocky area. You've really got an eye for composition. I shot a bunch of the old twisted trees on our trip to the Grand Canyon. Thought I was the only one that liked that kind of stuff. LOL Surprised to see Elk in velvet this time of year. The elk at the Canyon didn't even have their horns yet. Of course that was a couple months ago.

We should really check and see how many people would be up for a SSS get together in a place like that. I know I'd be there.

Man there is so many options for photography its not even funny, especially if you get into some of the 'twisted tree' type of shots haha. There are so many flowers and rocks and other things that we just blew by. If you have time and patience you will pull off some AMAZING shots in Yellowstone. There were a lot of options I couldn''t pursue due to preg wife and young child that would have made some good prints but in the big picture I would rather expose the boy and go back another day for me. If/when you go I wanna see the pics!

I think it would be a blast to have a GTG in a setting like this, you could get some sweet photo ops and have a good time inbetween, fires/drinks/buddies/great atmosphere ... doesn't get much better.

where can i order a few copies of those post cards, lol.... cant wait till i get the op to take my girls on a trip like that! once again, those pictures are beautiful!

Thanks, make the trip when you can. Well worth the $/time

Absolutely stunning photos! :cheers:

Thanks man, it was a good time.

Very cool man, you got blessed with great weather. I wish we got to stay another couple days in the park when my kids and I were there; we only got to see the falls because it was raining.

Mr. P.

Very cool man, you got blessed with great weather. I wish we got to stay another couple days in the park when my kids and I were there; we only got to see the falls because it was raining.

Mr. P.

Yeah the rain came and went while we were there, got below freezing at night also. The weather was all over the place. We were very fortunate to spend a full week up there, we just sat out the weather and were able to find quite a few good days to explore.

Nice pics :cheers:

Gracias