Procharger P-1sc Help

hey guys i have a 2003 silverado ss and i bought a procharger p-1sc for it but i cant get it running right it runs right when im driving it normal just sometimes it feels like its gonna turn off it will idle real low its just when i throttle it it just dont go i can feel it trying to pull but somethings not leting it i got 42# injectors and a tune from nelson performance and i did blow my tranny i got it rebuilt i dont know if i need a bigger fuel pump or get it retuned i dont got any guages yet does any one know what could be the problem and does anyone got a set of guages for sale air/fuel and boost let me know thanx :confused:

Edited by super03sport (see edit history)

from what you said and what i know, just go over every little thing again. tighten all clamps, check all electric connections. do you have long tube headers? i just put mine on with everything you have and after i worked out the mistakes, it worked fine. you can buy a cheap boost guage at autozone. more info would help

describe "can't get it running right"....

well when i flor it it dont feel like im getting enough gas well it doesnt really go you could feel it wanting to pull but when im driving it it feels normal sometimes it will idle real low like its about to turn off

from what you said and what i know, just go over every little thing again. tighten all clamps, check all electric connections. do you have long tube headers? i just put mine on with everything you have and after i worked out the mistakes, it worked fine. you can buy a cheap boost guage at autozone. more info would help

yea i got long tube headers obx s

check all of your tubing from the head unit to the intake mani, some times the boost pops them off and i dont know about 03's but i have an 04 and i had to put a bigger fuel pump in also. but who knows you may need to get it retuned ?? you need to get a boost gauge and a wideband gauge b4 you start flooring it, you are risking alot by not having these!!

Def recommend getting some tuning aids. Boost gauge wideband.. even if you have to borrow one and some form of data logger. It could be any number of things. The idle could be depending where your surge valve is if you are venting alot of air before the maf it will cause it to shudder and not fuel correctly because the maf is not reading correctly.

I do my own procharger tuning or zippy. I don't know what Nelson does nor have I seen his work with the procharger so.. hard to guess where he makes his changes as to the effects it could have. If your kit was new it would have come with an FMU for 03 or an inline booster pump.

If you need an inline pump I think I have one laying around. But you won't feel the loss of fuel till you are at about 12 psi on a stock 03 ss the factory fuel system on an 03 is phenomenal for mild boost tuning the factory FPR adds fuel for you not like a FMU or boost reference regulator.. but it helps. Your intank pump will definitely need some help but I am sure it's not effecting your low speed issues. I hope you can find a way to get some data on it it will greatly help suggestions to fix your prob.

Im running my stock fuel pump and having no problems with the unit and im seeing up to 8psi. I had Wheatley tune my truck his tunes are great!!!! As for the kit I didnt get a FMU or inline pump with the kit they gave me bigger injectors instead. Check for any vaccum leaks and make sure the mass air sensor is plugged in.