Can We Say Stang Killer?

8 UR HMI

ok so this guy who was the influence of my license plate got a 2008 mustang gt 5 speed. its 100% stock and he thinks its "fast" he showed me his slip of 14.5 at 99mph. i laughed at that because b4 cam i was a low 14.

well from experience and seeing other guys runs on here, with my mods there is NO WAY i could trap at any higher than 95. well we lined up in the middle of the road where theres no place to stop on the side with my friend going in front to check for cops, 2 ppl behind us stopping traffic and another filming. this was at night like at 11 so no cars really. well first run.........

stalled it to whatever factory is with my danny tranny, launched hard as hell that everyone's mouth dropped. went through first, ahead by 2, went into 2nd and at about 5800 rpms it felt like power just fell off. kept in it and shifted to 3rd and i hit 95 no sooner then half a second later. i was ahead and he said theres no way that we had run a 1/4 mile and that he was pulling on me. yea if we would have kept going he would have pulled the top end but this was suppose to be a 1/4 race. anyways 2nd run was the same only i let off at 90 cause my cutout was closed. same thing with the results. he STILL thinks he won.

somebody jump in here and tell me how in the world with my mods could i trap any higher than 95??

so where is the video.....?

hell if i know. lol. his buddy was taking it and im not sure he wants to post a 2000lb lighter car getting raped by a 5600lb truck with 22" and a 190 lb person driving lol

A lot of things could have accounted for your win. Maybe the cams are making a bigger difference than you think. The DA could have been a lot better than at the track you go to. If the stang is new maybe it isnt broke in yet, or he just cant drive it. Stock GT's (05-08) run a low 14 high 13 second 1/4 stock. Did he leave his traction control on? Maybe you just knew your truck better than he knew his car.

Having a fast car and being able to drive it fast are 2 different things.

Maybe you should change your name to 8 UR HMI/STNG :P

haha i like that. im gonna keep it because fastlane likes it and they have plans for me to keep it quiet at idle with my cutout closed then ppl will underestimate it and get a whoopin......HOPEFULLY

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you're getting some false knock at the top of 2nd gear. Mine was getting up to 8* of KR right at the 2-3 shift when I pulled the 14.30 and I was running almost 95 then. I also had no spark added at that time since we only had a chance to tune it once at the track and we got much deeper into it the next day. After we got the tune right it would spin the tires on dry pavement if I stalled to 1200.

• 4 weeks later...