Stall Converter Install

Getting the 9.5" PI 3000 triple disc stall converter installed tommorow. The guy that did my shift kit is going to do it for 400.00 everyone else around here wanted 800 to 1000 dollars to install it. Question? Will it make a noticeable difference in the truck? Just wondering how different its going to be. thanks :chevy::cheers:

Getting the 9.5" PI 3000 triple disc stall converter installed tommorow. The guy that did my shift kit is going to do it for 400.00 everyone else around here wanted 800 to 1000 dollars to install it. Question? Will it make a noticeable difference in the truck? Just wondering how different its going to be. thanks :chevy::cheers:

considering the fact that you went with a 9.5" you will know its there.. But you will like it :jester:

So got it installed today. The guy that installed it took it out for a ride said he almost pissed himself when he punched it said it went like his big block chevy. I like it goes like a raped ape, but I need to get use to it totally different then before.

Been driving around for awhile in it, WOW does it wake the truck up. Only issues is truck was getting hot tranny and engine was about 85 outside all day and I was in stop and go traffic already have a upgraded tranny cooler any suggestions guys? or is this normal.

Been driving around for awhile in it, WOW does it wake the truck up. Only issues is truck was getting hot tranny and engine was about 85 outside all day and I was in stop and go traffic already have a upgraded tranny cooler any suggestions guys? or is this normal.

How hot did it get? A smaller TC will run hotter, especially in traffic in the summer.....

not sure on the stock tranns temp gauge almost got to the second bold line not sure how hot that is. truck engine was around 195 a couple times just for a couple minutes. But its weird trying to drive normal with it, its like I have to bring it to 3 grand before it wants to start going. That normal, also takes awhile to go into overdrive.