Cel Flashing

So im getting use to the new stall converter i had put in yesterday only issue when i get on it it does not like shifting from first to second unless i let off. so i got on it earlier and i went alittle over 6 grand and the check engine light flashed for a couple secs then went off im guessing a miss fire because i over reved it? what do you guys think? light is off now. do you think shifting issues because i have not yet gotten the truck retuned for the stall converter i just put in? thanks guys.

Yeah the stock cats and im at 71000 miles. So on the way home I was giving it half throttle not even at 4000 rpms and the light started flashing again and I let off and it flashed a couple more times and then stayed on. Truck not driving any different not tinging or pinging it didnt buck or anything not sure whats going on. Think im going to park and send the ecm out to Wheatley so he can retune it. Not sure maybe cats starting to clog?

Drove the truck over to autozone pulled the code PO300 random missfire. Truck drives fine no ticking or bucking or anything, only thing the other night getting on the highway heard alittle rattling from under neath, but it went away when I let off the throttle and the CEL didnt come on then. I know on my 03 impala when this happened it was the cats. You guys think the stock cats are clogged?

correction CUT those babies out lol

Not sure how CT is with inspections, but in NY you need to have cats present under the vehicle for the visual inspection.....but since the yearly inspection is an ODB test/scan, gutted cats will pass just fine. :ninja:

Drove the truck over to autozone pulled the code PO300 random missfire. Truck drives fine no ticking or bucking or anything, only thing the other night getting on the highway heard alittle rattling from under neath, but it went away when I let off the throttle and the CEL didnt come on then. I know on my 03 impala when this happened it was the cats. You guys think the stock cats are clogged?

Classic symptom of a bad cat, a rattle a certain RPM and a P0300 code.......a bad cat will cause a random misfire before actually throwing a cat code on most late model GM vehicles for some reason....my '04 GTP did the exact same thing....

• 3 weeks later...

Same shit just happend to me, just waiting for the battery on the saws-all to recharge to get the other cat out, driver side was pretty badly clogged, passenger side is still yet to be seen.... waiting for my computer to come back from wheatley and i'll be all set!

must be the air here... I'm from stamford, ct

Edited by 03Blackout (see edit history)

Yeah truck runs great now I put the obx long tubes with the high flow cats ( basically no cats) and the truck runs great, but loud as hell now. Your from Stamford you going to the meet in October?

Didn't know their was one? :confused: let me know, hopefully i can swing by