Another Bbc Question

70chevy03ss

Ok so where does the oil fitting go to plug in my sensor. I have an auto meter electric oil temp gauge. We can figure out where it goes. I have 3 holes. One is located right above where the oil filter plugs into and the other hole is a smaller one off to the left just a bit. The last hole is to the left of that one so I am lost.. Any and all help is awesome thanks

Also pics help to if they are handy!!! :cheers:

All of the oil temp guages i have ever used or seen are supposed to be placed in the oil pan where the probe is allowed to be submerged in the oil not under presure any of the places in the block will be oil passages that are under presure and you dont want to block thouse with a guage fitting unless it is for presure ...............

humm new one on me thats the presure port so it must be ok the oil port on the big block is down just above the oil filter if i rember right thats where everyone o know puts ther presure guage on them anyway and on the small block its on the rear behind the intake so looks like that would be it for the big block just above the filter for sure