Dechroming The Ss

KJT13

I decided this year to lose the chrome SS emblems, the Shopman brake vent trim, and the black chrome speed grilles. since she hit 105k miles, I thought the old girl needed alittle work. I painted the OEM emblems (dash piece too) victory red along the edges and a black face. I wasn't happy with the finished product so I ordered some overlays from Jon and the black overlays look better than when they were painted in my opinion. the speed grille and shopman bowtie are now flat black. not sure about the red Silverado decal though. it's growing on me. it's not perfect right now, but looks better than the cell phone pics show.

a couple of notes. yes, these are cell phone pics. yes, the truck needs a solid detail and wasn't clean. yes, those are chips and bugs on the front end. road resurfacing around here did a number on the paint and the plan is to repaint next spring hopefully!! and yes, it is the angle that makes some of the emblems look crooked. they're not. lastly, yes, I needed to remove some compound residue that lingered around the stencil lines for the 'cowl induction' when I removed them.

downsized_0815090720.jpg

downsized_0815090720a.jpg

0815090720b.jpg

0815090720c.jpg

0815090721.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic