vw bug

evandostert

I just purchased an original gene berg 69 convert bettle last night. I pick it up today. I raced a mustang gt fooling around last night. The owner is a friend. We smoked it. I have never had 150hp feel so fast. I am afraid to say it is faster than the ss

I just purchased an original gene berg 69 convert bettle last night. I pick it up today. I raced a mustang gt fooling around last night. The owner is a friend. We smoked it. I have never had 150hp feel so fast. I am afraid to say it is faster than the ss

What do you mean an original Gene Berg car? Are you saying he owned it or it has a Gene Berg built motor? Most people don't know just how fast those cars are. I had to show a few people a few times when I had my 60' bug. A very well built and thought out VW motor will beat 90% of whats on the street. What is the size of that motor?

Late- Alex

I am getting the paperwork. The car has an all gene berg built engine,tranny,dual ida carbs,94 pistons,race gearing. This is a v8 killer with the torque to lift the front wheels. I know it is over 2300 disp. Nice lumpy cam. Nasty stainless steel stinger out back. I will get an exact number. All original empi parts this is straight out of old school vw racing. We are working on a deal right now. I need to get figures on replacing the heater channels. Other than that the car is mint down to the perfect paint. I missed burn outs I wish my ss could lay down some rubber.

:cool: if you get it, let me know if you need any parts... heater channels, stock or performance stuff... I restore vw's for a living... I have a 2276cc in my 66 squareback

psn000041.jpg

psn000081.jpg

Anthony

southern california... vw the heartland... well at least it used to be :D

being that its a vert you will most likely need to do the outer rockers & pan half's, the rockers are convertible only, not the same as standard bug, here is a link to photos/video of a guards red 70's vert we did a little wile ago this will help show what your going to get into,

Vert Rocker / Pan Restoration

Anthony

If you ever get a 69 ghia hard top, shoot me an e-mail. I fly out and drive that baby home to boston.

you just missed this super clean one on eBay, I had nothing to do with it but I seen this car in person, it runs and its runs hard & was a done full show car... you could not build it cheaper then it sold for, we build cars to order & your budget, so if your ever interested just let me know,1964 Volkswagen : Karmann Ghia

:cheers:

Anthony

I was toying with a nasty looking beetle last fall here.

The engine was all chromed out, supercharger (rearward facing?) was sitting on top of it... little wheelie bars...

I think the thing had those white painted steel "wagon wheel" rims on it, with some rather large tires. I heard it idling, and it sounded like two mean smaller bore Japenese V-twin motorcycles trying to be like a harley.

He wouldn't take my bait... and after reading this, I'm kinda glad he didn't. I don't think I'd ever come back from that ego blow... ;)

Archived