Cam Question

I got a recomendation from Zippy for a cam and springs. I am pretty handy working on the truck but don't really know a lot about the internals of the engine. My question is, how easy is a cam and spring swap? Can I do it myself or do I need some assistance from someone more knowledgeable?

Also, when I change the valve springs, do I need anything other than the new springs?

Thanks fella's. I'm trying to learn about this stuff.

honestly its a LOT of work if u dont know much about it. keeping the lifters up is the main issue. if u drop one while doing the swap ur screwed. u have a lot to do b4 u actually put the cam in like taking off the coil packs, radiator needs to be unhooked, water pump, fan, fan shroud, etc... we did mine a little over a month ago.

good luck man

The hardest part to a cam swap is doing the valve springs. Getting the timing marks lined up and making sure the lifters don't fall are the next hardest things. I've wanted to do a "How To" for this, but haven't made the time to yet. I have another cam swap coming on a VHO soon, might do one then.