New From Wisconsin, Ready To Pull The Trigger On A Ss

BigBlackZ71

Name is Brent, I live just outside of Milwaukee and I currently have a slightly lifted 02 Z71, I feel like ditching this truck and getting a SS truck in victory red. I have been trying to educate myself on them and I was wondering if there where any options or model years to stay away from. Do they all have the 4L80? I am looking at AWD one and I think they only have 10 bolt rear end. Any info would a great help. Feel free to post pics of red SS's for me to drool over.

Welcome to the site. I'm pretty sure they all come with the 4l65e, and it's pretty much the weak link in these trucks. Great trucks though I love mine. I live in racine about 20mins south of milwaukee, if you want to shoot down to the track or just hang out send me a pm

Edited by SS Muscle Truck (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

welcome 2 the site dont my jaymzs ss cuase im getting it haha jk if you get to it before i do o well he needs to sell it bad i know....but anyways welcome the trannys are a lil weak but can be beefed up a lil bit or just replaced