Kenne Bell Supercharger

zayne0

would there be an advantage to having a kenne bell supercharger of the rest? i am interested in boosting my ss and would like some input on what the best of my options is. has anyone heard of the w2w turbo kit for the 6L engine? they claim with a built engine it will produce 950 hp. has anyone seen parish's twin turbo single cab silverado? would a setup like that be better than a supercharger? i'm at a loss in deciding between a turbo or a supercharger :(

Welcome. I am not aware of the Wheel 2 Wheel turbo kit (who is also out of business). W2W did have a rotrex(?) supercharger kit that did fairly well making power, but never really caught on much. I think there is a member here that has one (ImposterSS? dont recall) Detroit Speed Works had a front mount turbo that was a good kit. Livernois Motorsports bought them out and carried on the turbo kit for some time, but it has since been removed from their website, but could still be available. Doctors of Performace? also do one off custom turbo kits and one of the fastest SSS's has/had one (I think it was from them anyways).

The main thing is that there is so much more to write about this subject. First, I would recommend that you go to the sticky at the top of the Forced Induction section on the site, which gives a general breakdown of most of the kits available out there. However, I don't think it has been updated very recently, but it is a good place to start.

Secondly, we would want you to write down a list of goals for the truck so we can help you better decide which route to go with the truck.

Some examples would be:

What is your total budget? Is there a max vs comfortable?

How much HP do you want?

Are you looking for a certain quarter mile time range?

Are you willing/able to do the work yourself?

Do you plan to tow with the truck?

How do you use your truck? DD? Weekend Cruiser?

Do you plan to do this in stages or all at one time?

Do you have any mods currently?

I'm sure there are more, but these will help many of us give you the advice you need.

Oh, and some might even suggest searching the site as many questions have come up before. Try a search ofr Kenne Belle also.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

great post Doug!

W2W is the company that made the SSS, unlike the TBSS that GM put together on the line. The SSS was put together @ W2W. If you watched JesseJamesis a dead man the guy on the last show who did his tuning , Kurt Urban, he worked for W2W and built the first one and it had a custom Front mount turbo.

Kenne Bell has some good products but little support, and by the time you get the big blower you could have had your TVS 2300 on already!

Trick makes a nice Turbo kit. You will need alot to beat a SRT8 Jeep.

awesome input guys! i have been talking with a guy at golen engine services about some engine options and am prolly gonna start from scratch. fresh block most likely a 408 stroker. but that may change as i get in more knowledge and info. i'm wanting to do my upgrades in stages most likely stick in fresh modified engine then supercharger then up my trans. dd definately. i'm wanting to put down a reliable 800 horse to the wheels, know one yet has told me that this is not logical. i really really want to back my engine with the tci 6 speed automatic. i seen the w2w turbo in this ls1 perfomance book i picked up. i'm more than able to do the mods except for the actually building of the engine, i would start with a long block most likely. i have a lift my own tools welder etc. i'm currently putting a 5.3 vortec in my 92 camaro :) as far as budget i'm just gonna save up and buy as i go along with the build, because i don't wanna buy anything twice i'd like to modify once and do things right the first time. quarter mle times? eh.... i just wanna smoke the HELL outa the local ford lightnings and the srt8 dodges in town, they al taunt me.