Putting Hitch Back On This Weekend

Fireman31

I took my hitch off here about 2 years ago because I had bought a BSER rollpan and had planned on putting it on but that fell through so my hitch has just been sitting around and I think its time to put it back on especially I'm trying to sell it. I did take the spare out also but thats staying out it can just sit in the bed for all i care. my questions are is there anything I should know putting it back on besides its a pain in the ass im sure but torque specs or anything like that? Also the thing has some chips that are getting some rust so I was gonna remove the loose paint and sand down the rest to repaint it and I was thinking just a flatblack but my dads thinking a semi gloss or gloss black so what would be my best option?

-Nash

**I tried putting this up but then it gave me an error and then it wouldn't load sss.com again so I went to bed. ^^^This is what I tried posting last night.

Factory service manual says:

"Install the platform hitch bolts to the frame rails and the rear bumper. Tighten the bolts to 125 N·m (92 lb ft)."

Also, if you don't have the original bolts, make sure you get the correct grade of bolts.

I took my hitch off here about 2 years ago because I had bought a BSER rollpan and had planned on putting it on but that fell through so my hitch has just been sitting around and I think its time to put it back on especially I'm trying to sell it. I did take the spare out also but thats staying out it can just sit in the bed for all i care. my questions are is there anything I should know putting it back on besides its a pain in the ass im sure but torque specs or anything like that? Also the thing has some chips that are getting some rust so I was gonna remove the loose paint and sand down the rest to repaint it and I was thinking just a flatblack but my dads thinking a semi gloss or gloss black so what would be my best option?

-Nash

**I tried putting this up but then it gave me an error and then it wouldn't load sss.com again so I went to bed. ^^^This is what I tried posting last night.

are you going to remove the BSER? i did not think you could run that hitch with it

Said he didn't put on the BSER.

+1 for having a second set of hands.......when I removed mine I was by myself, wound up using my knees to help hold the hitch up. The re-install shouldn't be that hard, it's only 8 bolts and the plug in wire harness.......

I do have a second set of hands to help and I do have the original bolts and no the rust spots and chipping is not around the welds its mostly when the hitch bolts to the truck and the bottom of the hitch and where the ball goes in.