Coming Home From Iraq In 11 Days!

So, I'll be home in less than two weeks, and I'm pretty psyched. It's been a long 12 months here in Baghdad, but it's looking like the US is pretty much finished here. The Iraqi Army and police have taken over 90% of the patrols, and the local population is ready to have their country back (or so they think...) The fight is in Afghanistan now, at least as far as we're concerned.

I'll be flying into Fort Riley, Kansas and back to my beautiful and supportive girlfriend, who I am planning on proposing to. I already have the ring picked out (one engagement ring = one supercharger :sigh: ) and as soon as she finishes school in the spring, we'll be packing up and moving to Lexington, Kentucky. I'll be out of the army, and attending the University of Kentucky. I plan on getting my degree in Psychology.

I wanted to thank you all for being so supportive, and helping me out with my newly-purchased '03 SSS, which is just waiting for me to come pick her up from my dad's house in KY. Also, thanks to Shopman1 and Justin @ Black Bear Performance for working with me while I'm so far away, and to all my new friends on AIM for keeping me entertained during my last month in Iraq. Hope to see some of you at future events!

-Roger

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hell yea Roger glad to hear the good news brother be safe and stay in touch while your on block leave lol.

if you need anything you know where to reach me. take care combat...... Justin

Have fun back at home...are you going to be in the inactive reserve? Haha I was had one more year left on my original 8 year contract and got recalled. I am now back here again in Iraq, just up north. Good luck with school.

Yeah, I'll be in the IIR. I'm not sure how they decide who to call back. 3 friends of mine from last deployment (they ETS'd when I PCS'd) just got called back. I've already been stop-lossed for over a year, my original ETS was August 2008. Well, we'll see! Fingers crossed... :fingersx:

Edited by ThatGuysLucky (see edit history)

Congrats on finishing up your tour there and hopefully everything works out for you at home. I just finished up my third tour there a few months ago and I still love my 03 SSS. If you are ever in San Antonio Texas let me know and I will buy you a beer.