Eh...alot Of Questions About My Problem Again

dmf21209

ok, so I dont get back to the states till november, and I'm gonna hit the ground runnin on fixin my truck. In a nutshell, I lowered it 2" with spindles and shackles, had a vibration at around 70mph, couldnt get around to fixing or figuring it out, and right before I left the back of the front diff started leaking (where the DS comes in). SOOOOO, my questions are...

does ANYONE know what the pinion angle should be on the front and/or rear driveshaft? So i know what to correct it to...

if it's the front pinion angle like im guessing thats off, i correct that by turning UP the torsion bars right? (1/4 turn at a time)

To turn up the torsion bars I just simply turn that bolt that is facing down and i do that while the truck is sitting??

SHOCKS, which ones for my application FRONT AND REAR? on top of that anyone got a part number? haha. too many suggestions in too many threads honestly, ready to hit the order button on a set of shocks...

what part number is the energy suspension front poly bushing kit?

part number for our bumpstops? any aftermarket ones for lowered applications exist so i dont have to buy brand new ones and cut em up? lol, i cut my current ones too short...

Thats all the questions i have for now, i'll probly think of more, my main concern is fixing the pinion angle so it doesnt happen again, and figured while im at it take care of the rest by fixing the bumpstops and upgrading the shocks and bushings. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Soooooo why would the rear of the front diff be leaking?

whoever changed it may have overfilled it, It is supposed to be 0 to 13 mm below the fill hole on the front diffs. Most people fill to the bottom of the fill hole so if it is un level when you fill it because of jacking or unlevel lift it could be high once on the ground and wick past the seal

whoever changed it may have overfilled it, It is supposed to be 0 to 13 mm below the fill hole on the front diffs. Most people fill to the bottom of the fill hole so if it is un level when you fill it because of jacking or unlevel lift it could be high once on the ground and wick past the seal

A new(er) front diff was put in it a year roughly prior to it leaking by the chevy dealership, would it take that long to start leaking like that? Yall coulda just made my freakin day if that's the case, thought I had another expensive fix on my hands....

Some of us have to run those 2 degree shims in the rear after a 2" + drop to re-adjust the rear pinion angle & remove the vibration. Call Belltech and ask them, they will know what your (we) are talking about.

As for the shock PN#'s just use the "SEARCH" tool on this site. Use the Advanced option and only search in this section.

Good luck.

:cool:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

Some of us have to run those 2 degree shims in the rear after a 2" + drop to re-adjust the rear pinion angle & remove the vibration. Call Belltech and ask them, they will know what your (we) are talking about.

As for the shock PN#'s just use the "SEARCH" tool on this site. Use the Advanced option and only search in this section.

Good luck.

:cool:

actually just emailed belltech, waiting to hear from them. I got the shock PN's figured out as well, just wasnt sure as to which type of shocks I should choose, went with nitro drop shocks. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand found bump stops as well. Found out that I actually have more time on my hands to REALLY look for this stuff in iraq than I do at home :D

its def not the front pinion angle thats off. the front diff is bolted to the frame and never moves in relation to the t-case. i have the same vibration in mine after a 2-2 drop, but havn't had time to investigate the cause.

My truck had a vibration after i installed my 2"/2" drop . i had my tires rebalanced and that fixed my problem and i did not notice the vibration before the install so i think lowering it may make any little unbalance in the tires more noticable . chris