9-9-09 Update

Well its been awhile since I have posted up some recent pics of my truck, this year has been pretty crazy I think im already through 3 or 4 trannys this year and its only the begining! I guess we will see how long this trans lasts its built but then again my last few were 2. As for tha looks I put on some Boss 313 22's and stripped some of the molding and emblems off, im still kinda debating if that was a good move or not kinda looks plain to me but then clean. Here in a few weeks the truck is gunna get a full body wrap so should look pretty good with some crazy looking graphics. Still a work in progress. Here are some pics of how the truck looks now..........

:DMe vs. a 14.3 Tundra :chevy:

100_3415.jpg

100_3409.jpg

100_3402.jpg

100_3404.jpg

100_3408.jpg

100_3412.jpg

100_3413.jpg

Edited by SSTruck1 (see edit history)

very clean looking truck :drool:

sounds like you got a bad tranny tune :dunno:

Thanks and yeah thats what I was thinking, the truck was tuned by Nelson Performance in S.A. and the tune worked great until the first time the trans went out, I have been having nothing but problems with it since then. I think ill be giving charlie a call here in a few weeks to get a tune from him...... things are starting to get expensive :confused:

looks very nice man. what happened to the corsa?

Well i ended up taking the corsa off because when i put the headers on and took off the cats it was permanently loud and after a couple of drives to and from work it got kind of anoying. Dont get me wrong tho i like it loud and trust me this thing screamed i was just looking for somthing a little bit different. Which brings me up to my current setup. I went and got some 3" mandrel bent pipe and ran it from the pacesetter y to the factory muffler with a 3 inch cutout right before. I really like the setup now because at a flip of the switch I can go from a slight rumble to wide open. It really works out especially on long drives. I know I could have put some high flow cats on but I used what I had at the time. I think eventually ill go back to the corsa and high flow cats the setup was custom and looked good IMO

nice looking truck...by the way the tundras were 4.7 :cheers:

yeah the one in the vid is a 4.7 my buddy just hired him and he was showing everyone how his truck ran a 14.3 at San Antonio and how he had video of it and that he would race any truck. Thats when my buddy called me up........the guy didnt hesitate to say he would prob beat me and how my truck doesnt sound like it has much, idk maybe its because i rolled up with my cutout closed idk.. :D .....well anyways we went out to this back road as you can see lined them up and thats when i opened my lil red head up.I dont really think this guy has raced to much as when we first lined up he went off the first honk. :confused: well we lined up again and after 3 honks took off. I beat him pretty easy. I only have one vid but we ran them 3 times 2 from a stop and 2 from a roll. When we ran from a roll i felt like i was racing myself lol. poor tundra...... at least it sounded good :chevy:

Did you wreck the front of your truck and put a older front end on?

Never mind, just looked at your sig and realized it isn't a real vmax. Nice truck though. :cheers:

yeah to bad its not a real one its just a 2001 with a 5.3.........it looks newer only because a put the 06-07 taillights third brake light and turn signal mirrors. I pretty much just updated it really

yeah dude i understand. i have the same setup corsa with ory and LTs. really raspy, but i love it. post some clips of your new exhast set up i'm interested in hearing it.

Before

Corsa

After

3" cutout OPEN

Oh by the way I installed the Volant intake a few days after I did the cutout video.........

100_3070.jpg