Russell Speed Bleeders?

marc_w

Anyone using Russell Speed Bleeders?

http://www.russellperformance.com/automoti...ed_bleeders.htm

I'm doing the brake line upgrade, and dread the whole brake bleeding thing. (besides having a broken arm here, I don't often have another person around) These are supposed to work great.

I'm wondering what size bleeders we need. I'm no good with thread/pitch sizes.

--

Going by the '88-00 GMC Tahoe recommendaton ??

Front 639580 - 10mm x 1.5 30mm

Rear 639560 - 10mm x 1.0 35mm

I have no idea....

Buy a Mighty-Vac system, you will never pump the pedal again. It is a small hand vacuum pump that pulls the fluid through the system. What used to take about 10-15 minutes to bleed the brakes on our quads now takes about 2 minutes. Most Auto stores have them as well as Harbor Freight for under $30.

I use the Russell Speed bleeders on my 94 Z28 and my 96 Impala SS and they work pretty well.

However, the thing that is risky about pumping the brakes when vented is excess master cylinder travel. When you have alot of miles on it, it builds a ridge where the master cylinder stops when fully filled, bled and pressurized. With the system open, it is possible to travel past that point and breach the master cylinder seals. Learned that the hard way many years ago and have heard many cases where the master cylinder mysteriously goes bad within weeks after a brake job. So you have to resist the urge to push the pedal to the floor to speed up the job.

Rick R

Archived