New Tires

nkurs365@uwsp.edu

I just put on a set of Toyo Proxies S/T's 275/55/20 and really like the ride. Nice and quiet but yet still plenty of grip. Much better than the GY LSs that were on it when I bought it.

I like the tread design of the original S/T's (which I have) over the newer tread design on the S/T II's but I'm sure they perform just as good.

:flag:

I have the zeon ltz in 305/50/20 on my stock rims - they look a bit beefy but I live in northern minnesota so they will come in handy this winter. Fuel mileage did drop about 1 mpg though.

Do you happen to have a pic?

Those LTZ's actually look good, my son thought I should get those when I got my XST's. I think the LTZ's more aggressive tread would be better than my XST's in snow, but I don't run them in winter, I run a dedicated winter tire and a snow wheel.

can you take one of the side of the truck and the front and rear backed away from the truck just to get a feel for how they look from the side .....do you feel they are a little to meaty for the truck?

Thanks alot

my camera is on the fritz, but yea i think they look a bit too meaty for the performance 'look' of the ss. if i had a regular silverado 4x4 they would be perfect. I am thinking about buying something else and putting these rims and tires on my suburban.

they may look a bit beefier on yours cuz you got a 305 and factory size is 275 so if someone goes with a 275 on there ss it may not look so offroady. if you are curious of other tire sizes and what they look like just go to google and search in images cooper zeon ltz and you will come up with alot of pics on different trucks. I wish I could go back in time and buy the cooper ltz instead of the hankooks.

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)