Need Help With Catch Can Install?

Bought a syber team catch can off of ebaymotors not sure on how to install it. Which hose do I run into it the one coming from the passenger side valve cover or the one running from intake to the drivers side cover? Also which ever line I run into the can do I run the other line back out of the can and into which ever valve cover I disconnected the hose from?

not sure how their can is setup, but i have the hose from the valve cover going to the top inlet and a hose from the intake to the bottom inlet.

i think you might have done that backwards bro...isnt the hose from the valve cover supposed to go to the bottom inlet so the oil gets trapped in the bottom of the can and the air passes through the filter material upwards and out the other tube to the intake...? Thats how the how-to i went by had it installed and it makes sense when you think about it. idk, i guess one of us has it bass ackwards, haha.

Edited by zachm89 (see edit history)

the hose coming from your driver side valve cover is the one you need.......find it and cut it and put the hose from the cover on the inlet of the can and the hose going back to your intek goes in the outlet of the can,but it depends how your can is set up.....post some pics of your can that would help!!!!!!

i think you might have done that backwards bro...isnt the hose from the valve cover supposed to go to the bottom inlet so the oil gets trapped in the bottom of the can and the air passes through the filter material upwards and out the other tube to the intake...? Thats how the how-to i went by had it installed and it makes sense when you think about it. idk, i guess one of us has it bass ackwards, haha.

IDK dude? lol.

Pictures ive seen with the same can as me where the same way, havent had any issues though.

:withstupid: this is what I thought was the correct way...

Oil vapors traveling through the PCV system are caught in the filtration system and transform from vapor to liquid form and become trapped in the can. The line out of the side of the can is then routed back to your intake or throttle body.

http://www.catchcans.com/can1.html

Thats for anyone with the group buy cans. :thumbs:

someone with more brains on the subject than me needs to post up pics of how its definitely supposed to be. i havent had any issues with how i installed mine either. i just want to make sure ive got mine on the correct way because if not i just need to go switch the hoses around. i can see how the can would virtually work set up either way, but with the inlet from the valve cover being on bottom it would trap all the oil crap in the bottom of the can before it hits the filter, and the filter would catch the rest of the junk. other way around it would just fill the top of the can (small portion) with junk and filter out what it can through the mesh then exit with whatever wasnt filtered.

I emailed Russ at Catchcans.com

"Hi Ross

The line should come off the valve covers/pcv lines and into the top of the catch can , then out of the side fitting on the can and return to the manifold ."

=ZoomZ=

Russ Breeden

RKB Engineering

www.CatchCans.com

407-321-5133

I emailed Russ at Catchcans.com

"Hi Ross

The line should come off the valve covers/pcv lines and into the top of the catch can , then out of the side fitting on the can and return to the manifold ."

=ZoomZ=

Russ Breeden

RKB Engineering

www.CatchCans.com

407-321-5133

Yes, in a stock configuration this is correct. Mine is a bit different in that I am pulling crankcase pressure/vapors through my LS6 valley cover and having a fresh air source going into my valve covers. Regardless, the top of the can should see the vapors from the crankcase first for proper condensation / removal of the nasty stuff.