First Time At The Track

kcsswife

Last night was my first time running my truck at the track running the Lightning. I had two runs, the first against Brian (2BFAST) and the second was against a friend of mine in his Lightning.

Left is my time and right it Brian's time

DSC03658.jpg

Left is my time and right is Dave's time

DSC03659.jpg

DSC03633.jpg

DSC03639.jpg

DSC03650.jpg

DSC03655.jpg

Brian, your times seem slow for your mods. :huh:

Your right, they are slow. I personally dont think im utilizing my mods like I should. This isnt the first time down the 1320 for me, but first for the SSS.

Heres my theory,

This cam has a pretty high RPM band and it doesnt start to really pull till over 3K. I need to restall my TCS to 3200 or possibly alittle more?? Also Justin has my 1-2 shift point set at 6K, mainly due to my stock injectors are maxed out. I know my sig says 42# injectors but I have not installed them yet as im still waiting on the re-tune from Justin for the injectors and nitrous. But basically it still has a lot left after 6K.

So even though it was a somewhat slow time, it was a good "test & tune" to get my truck dialed in right and get the most of my mods.

With that being said, heres whats next on the agenda:

Dual bottle 150-200 shot plate system(in progress), 42# Injectors(need to install), and Re-stall Converter(damn it)

Inputs are welcome!

Your right, they are slow. I personally dont think im utilizing my mods like I should. This isnt the first time down the 1320 for me, but first for the SSS.

Heres my theory,

This cam has a pretty high RPM band and it doesnt start to really pull till over 3K. I need to restall my TCS to 3200 or possibly alittle more?? Also Justin has my 1-2 shift point set at 6K, mainly due to my stock injectors are maxed out. I know my sig says 42# injectors but I have not installed them yet as im still waiting on the re-tune from Justin for the injectors and nitrous. But basically it still has a lot left after 6K.

So even though it was a somewhat slow time, it was a good "test & tune" to get my truck dialed in right and get the most of my mods.

With that being said, heres whats next on the agenda:

Dual bottle 150-200 shot plate system(in progress), 42# Injectors(need to install), and Re-stall Converter(damn it)

Inputs are welcome!

Cant believe you are still running the stock injectors! :( Yeah you are shifting early for that cam. I'm shifting at 6400 RPM... A lot left on the table for sure. Are you using DR's? Size? My PI 3000 seems fine for my truck but a 3200 wouldnt hurt either.

Cant believe you are still running the stock injectors! :(

I know I know! :uhoh: Once I get this land yacht in its power band now I know about where its at she should scoot. Ill probably go with a 3200 or bigger, possibly a 3500 but ill have to ponder on it. W/ the spray it should be pretty interesting.

Mid 12's or bust!!

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Hitting the brakes you goof! My buddy did it the first time he ran my truck too lol! Can't imagine when he would have hit em if it was the 1/4!

I thought your truck was still in the shop? I guess it just came out?

Just got it back on Wednesday. I havn't even had it tunned yet. I just wanted to see how well it was doing.