Just Got Some Stock Chrome 20" Ss Wheels

BlueAKSSS

Just picked up 5 stock chrome wheels off craigslist with 4 de-studded winter tires mounted on them. Plan was going to be to restud the tires when I bought the rims, on further inspection once I bought them I relized they can't be restuded. :( So now I've got to buy new studded tires for them. Bought the 5 rims for $800 which might have been to much? Also the center caps were missing but their trying to find them at their house. I may just buy the caps off ebay. What do you guys think? At least I will have 20" rims winter and summer was going to put 16" rims and studded tires on there....Haha, Guess my real question is the 5th rim has a crack along the edge of it is about an inch long, it is mearly a spare now but is it even usable to mount a new tire onto? The tire thats on it has a cut in it and when I plug the cut I can put 30psi in it no problem and it holds air fine with the hole plugged.

DSC_0122Small-1.jpg

DSC_0123Small-2.jpg

DSC_0124Small-2.jpg

DSC_0125Small-2.jpg

Picture of the crack.....

DSC_01222Small2.jpg

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

The crack can be easily repaired, however the chrome will be gone and by the time you have it rechromed it won't be cheap. The damage is in an area where its not a safety issue at all, I would put a tire on it and use it.

I think you got a very good deal,, 160 bux apiece :cheers:

The crack can be easily repaired, however the chrome will be gone and by the time you have it rechromed it won't be cheap. The damage is in an area where its not a safety issue at all, I would put a tire on it and use it.

Cool! Thanks think I'll have it mounted up now that I know its not anything to bad!

wow thats a good deal 800 for all five

Good so I didn't pay to much. Funny this finally got responded to because the person that sold me the rims just contacted me and said they found the center caps for them! So I've got to go get them. :D

nice score...that was a great price :thumbs:

The score was added to today when I finally picked up the center caps almost a month later lol. The problem is 3 of the caps have red chevy logos and two are original and have black logos. So maybe I'll just have red bowties on one side and black on the other! :rolleyes::)