Finally, Headers Are In!

Big Tim

So, I finally was able to install the Dynatech Supermaxx system this weekend. Here's an update on why it has taken so long.

1. I ordered the headers July, 2008 direct from Jet-hot so I could get them coated and sent to me. They told me 5 weeks total to get the headers, then a week to coat them and ship them to me. They were supposed to call to update me as soon as they received the headers. Six weeks after the order, and still no headers, I called Jet-hot and they said they were having communication problems with Dynatech and the headers hadn't even been shipped yet. They said to wait another week then we would change the order to another supplier. We waited another week, and I told them just to call Tbyrne motorsports. They ordered the headers, and 6 weeks later, the headers arrived... without hardware, gaskets, or o2 extensions. after about 4 more weeks, I got in contact with the salesman from Jet-hot (vacation, out to lunch, etc.) and he finally told me they had accidentally shipped my stuff to another customer of the same name in Louisiana. Two weeks later, I finally got my hardware.

Then, I had to wait for vacation. Then dad convinced me to wait for January until our garage was finished, so we would have concrete to work on. Then construction delays, and finally we got started.

Dad came out at 11 p.m. Wed. night, and we got started. (my days off are thu-fri) it took 3 hours Wednesday, all day off and on thursday and friday, and 2 hours buttoning up saturday just the 2 of us, mostly basic hand tools, a reciprocating saw, and a couple air tools, and just taking our time not getting hot or frustrated. It was tough, but we did it.

Words of advice: If attempting this, removing the cat-back will make your day a little easier for removal of the old system and installation of the new. The passenger header DOES fit through the bottom, though the old manifold came out through the side. The back driver's side bolt is a BIATCH. and I agree the dynatech clamps are crap. If you don't coat the headers, just weld the seams. I probably need to just tighten the clamps. We'll see.

Test drive: my mileage has dropped a bit so far, but my foot hasn't been light. getting on the freeway and up to 65, this truck just wants to keep pulling. It doesn't want to stop at 65. I get a little more drone with my current cat-back, but that may change eventually. I may install some bullets or a new cat-back, I havent decidied yet.

-Tim

P.S. Pics to come.

Glad you like them, just weld those slip joints, no matter how tight you make the crappy clamps they will still leak. You really need to re-tune for the headers to reap the benefits of them......

I know, I just REALLY hate to have to grind through the ceramic coating to weld it. We'll see what I end up doing...

u sure did have patience

Yes, but I wasn't anywhere close to happy about it.

Nice. took awhile but i am sure it was worth the wait

Oh, yes. It took all my willpower to wait for Wednesday.

Awesome - those are really good headers.

Thanks, I like them, and by the way the efans will be going in soon, as soon as I can afford a wheatley tune. I'll also be doing a 160* t-stat at the same time.

And here are the pics.

post-14550-1253684907_thumb.jpg

post-14550-1253685006_thumb.jpg

post-14550-1253685133_thumb.jpg

post-14550-1253685239_thumb.jpg

I know, right? We need to have another one fairly soon. that ricekillers meet at rimtyme sounds interesting. I might check it out this week

here's a link

http://www.ricekiller.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76701

sounds fun

nice install man i see in your mods your doing a deep trans pan. it looks like he crossover pipe is really close. do you forsee a problem?

sounds fun

nice install man i see in your mods your doing a deep trans pan. it looks like he crossover pipe is really close. do you forsee a problem?

I sure hope not, but it isn't much deeper. I may have to drop the pipe to install it though.