Major Problems With Sss

houston05tx

my truck is still under warranty its goin to a motor shop tormorrow i will find out if i get approved for the work to get done by the warranty company im goin to get it fixed bofore i trade it in

If it blew because of a mechanical defect and not because of your driving style/and or lack of maintenance is the rest of the truck in good shape? If the rest of the truck is in good shape and they give you a new engine under warranty I'd say keep the truck!

If it blew because of a mechanical defect and not because of your driving style/and or lack of maintenance is the rest of the truck in good shape? If the rest of the truck is in good shape and they give you a new engine under warranty I'd say keep the truck!

:withstupid: There was a class action lawsuit with these motors and piston slap and a few guys have dropped valves on stock motors, so maybe you can argue something once you find out exactly what happened. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

update i need a new engine block they said it look like a bomb went off im goin to try to stop by tha shop next week try to get some pics. thats all i know right now ill try to keep this updated plus one more thing i have a cracked cylinder

I haven't owned an LSx engine that hasn't had the piston slap yet. I really hope the SS is the exception. Makes me nervous considering my very near future plans for mine.

GOOD LUCK on the warranty stuff, I've got a few days to seal the deal or lose the $2,200 price for it. I think its a lot more anywhere else.

update i need a new engine block they said it look like a bomb went off im goin to try to stop by tha shop next week try to get some pics. thats all i know right now ill try to keep this updated plus one more thing i have a cracked cylinder

the reason for locking up could be low or no oil and seizing the internal bearings overheated and burned out the starter.......as far as i know this could be the reason....so try to avoid it....

Pretty sure he already figured it out. Read through the whole thread.

• 4 weeks later...

hell yah i just got my truck back i have a brand new 6.0 everthing brand new 0 miles on it!! The warranty company coverd the new engine block and laber fees i only had to pay 1,500 for wear and tear parts like sparke pugs o rings shit like that the motor shop hook me up so my motor is not stock at all

hell yah i just got my truck back i have a brand new 6.0 everthing brand new 0 miles on it!! The warranty company coverd the new engine block and laber fees i only had to pay 1,500 for wear and tear parts like sparke pugs o rings shit like that the motor shop hook me up so my motor is not stock at all

Yup they did, to only be out of pocket $1500 is a really good deal. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

• 2 weeks later...