Yard Overtaken By Moles

speedline

Well I used to have an issue with them a couple years ago, so I bought these solar powered devices that send out a high pitched noise that I suppose they dont enjoy and drives them off, the problem was that they would just move to a point where I guess they couldnt hear said noise or to the point where it didnt annoy them, however my lawn was over 3 acres...so if your trying to manage a smaller area that might work for you...hope this helps.

Get a lion. Moles don't like lions.

I've heard of these sonar pulse gizmos that you stick in the ground. Supposedly moles have excellent hearing and don't stick around. I always try to not kill living things (unless they taste good) if I don't have to. The mole doesn't know you want your lawn to look nice, he doesn't understand, he doesn't even know what ownership is... he just wants a place to live.

Just my .02.

Now that my dad taught me when I was like 7 was open up a hole and dump a bunch of gas down in there hole and close it off real quick do this to a few holes and the fume's suffocate them haven't had them in our yard scenic then and Im 25 now

You're best bet is to eliminate their food source, grubs. Treat your yard with Scott's GrubEx or something comparable and they should leave once there is nothing left for them to eat.

Another thing you can try in conjunction with the grub control is something called Whole Control. It is made from castor oil so it does not contain pesticides. The website below is just an example. You can buy Whole Control other places.

Whole Control

Edited by leaper (see edit history)

You're best bet is to eliminate their food source, grubs. Treat your yard with Scott's GrubEx or something comparable and they should leave once there is nothing left for them to eat.

Another thing you can try in conjunction with the grub control is something called Whole Control. It is made from castor oil so it does not contain pesticides. The website below is just an example. You can buy Whole Control other places.

Whole Control

yep, get rid of the grubs and your moles will be gone soon after. i had the same problem and scotts grubex or whatever worked