Disabeling The Stock Alarm

eagledax

Is there any way to disconnect the factory installed alarm? I am about to ship my vehicle back to the states and the shipping company wants the alarm system deactivated. I thought about pulling the fuse but not sure if that would deactivate anything else at the same time. Any advice would be helpful.

I'm not a 100% sure but I think you can only arm your factory alarm with the rocker button below your window switches on the door, or by using the remote FOB so if you pull your automatic door locks fuse then they would have to use a key or the manual slider locks on both doors. It would be easy to test.

Not sure why they want the alarm deactivated. It isnt much of an alarm anyway, more like a keyless entry system. If I were you just pull the fuse for the horn and tell them you disabled the alarm.

It's probably just a blanket policy they have because they've most likely had problems in the past and rather than research every alarm system out there they just tell everyone to disable their alarms.