Wimpy Front Bose Output

joeyz71

Hey out there, well I got my SSS (black, AWD, '03)and LOVIN it of course.

Holy crap is the Bose system wimpy tho! I'm thinking maybe the amp has a blown front output?

Looking for responses b4 I trouble shoot. They don't even really move so that makes me think bad amp.

My '94 Vette sounds better, and that can't be right.

They aren't really made to blow you away. There made more for sound quality. You'll notice they stop increasing in volume after about 3/4 of the knob. The head unit isn't that great either. I replaced mine and it made a big diff. I just got some new JL speakers in the mail yesterday and hope to have them in over the weekend.

Yeah, I know the Bose systems aren't designed to blow me away, but I still feel as if the '03 Bose should ATLEAST sound better than the '94. I still think something just isn't right with it. The fronts hit less than the rears and if its got the sub, I sure can't tell.

Thanks for the input so far.

Well upon further inspection...

Yeah its got a sub and it works fine, and the door fronts just seem to put out sound and no bass/base (depends where you're from), relies solely on the sub for that (duh).

This'll just have to do for a long while I suppose.

Thanks again for input guys.

I replaced mine and it made a big diff.

Not trying to thread jack but this got me thinking. I put my Alpine head unit in my SS and it seems like I have to have it almost maxed out before I get and serious bass or anything. I am getting sound all the way through but I thought my deck would help. The other car I had this deck in thumped alot more at low volumes. I though maybe because with the bose it goes through the RCA's?? :confused: Any ideas guys?

Edited by delay18 (see edit history)