Help Needed- Door Locks And Radio

Well when I bought my truck my passenger door lock doesnt work electronically (i.e. with driver switches, passenger switches, or keyless remote) So i thought it was a fuse or a shorted wire or something.

After I checked the user manual and found where the "LOCKS" fuse (assumingly for doorlocks) should be, there wasn't one. Infact i guess the factory didnt put the metal inserts for the fuse to touch there on purpose? Anyway, was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Does it sound like it could be the switch? the wiring in the door?

Also, my stock radio wont spit out my Disturbed CD!!!!

Either it likes it too much or thinks it tastes good.

No but really, I cant get the CD out, or in where its readable. After i press the eject button the radio just makes a sound, so i "gently" tap the radio and sometimes (maybe 1/10 tries) it reads the cd, but it never comes out. Any suggestions on that?

Oh yea, on my radio, the (3 4) preset buttons have no light anymore, I guess its a bulb behind the button? Anyone know?

Thanks for the help in advance

Well when I bought my truck my passenger door lock doesnt work electronically (i.e. with driver switches, passenger switches, or keyless remote) So i thought it was a fuse or a shorted wire or something.

After I checked the user manual and found where the "LOCKS" fuse (assumingly for doorlocks) should be, there wasn't one. Infact i guess the factory didnt put the metal inserts for the fuse to touch there on purpose? Anyway, was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Does it sound like it could be the switch? the wiring in the door?

Also, my stock radio wont spit out my Disturbed CD!!!!

Either it likes it too much or thinks it tastes good.

No but really, I cant get the CD out, or in where its readable. After i press the eject button the radio just makes a sound, so i "gently" tap the radio and sometimes (maybe 1/10 tries) it reads the cd, but it never comes out. Any suggestions on that?

Oh yea, on my radio, the (3 4) preset buttons have no light anymore, I guess its a bulb behind the button? Anyone know?

Thanks for the help in advance

Is it just the passengers side? Cause if the fuse isnt there wouldnt both doors not work :dunno:

pull the pass door panel off, take down the water barrier, find the door lock actuator plug. its just a 2 wire connector and i believe its on the bottom of the latch assembly. put a test light or a multi meter across the 2 terminals and watch for voltage when you actuate the door locks. if you have voltage, then the actuator is bad. if i remember correctly, the pwr door locks are a bcm function, thats why the pwr door locks fuse is empty.

As for the cd, when I bought my truck it had a jammed cd in the stereo. Had to replace it with a new unit from the dealership. Mine would also not read the cd, I could not change any discs, and made a wierd noise. Im not saying its jammed, but the symptoms are very similar.

pull the pass door panel off, take down the water barrier, find the door lock actuator plug. its just a 2 wire connector and i believe its on the bottom of the latch assembly. put a test light or a multi meter across the 2 terminals and watch for voltage when you actuate the door locks. if you have voltage, then the actuator is bad. if i remember correctly, the pwr door locks are a bcm function, thats why the pwr door locks fuse is empty.

Ok, Ill try that. Exactly how does the door panel/water barrier come off? I've tried taking it off before but managed to break the black plastic control harness, got scared and stopped before I do anymore damage. Ill look on the internet for a tutorial or instructions but hopefully youll get to me before then =)

As for the cd, when I bought my truck it had a jammed cd in the stereo. Had to replace it with a new unit from the dealership. Mine would also not read the cd, I could not change any discs, and made a wierd noise. Im not saying its jammed, but the symptoms are very similar.

sounds very similar....