Need Bigger Injectors?

Had my truck logged and my 42lb injectors are at 108% duty at WOT. Can I get away with just purchasing some 60lb injectors, if so which ones...looking for something that is plug and play. Would I have to upgrade the fuel pump?

Also my IATs were very high, any recommendations to cure this or is a meth kit my only option?

Had my truck logged and my 42lb injectors are at 108% duty at WOT. Can I get away with just purchasing some 60lb injectors, if so which ones...looking for something that is plug and play. Would I have to upgrade the fuel pump?

Also my IATs were very high, any recommendations to cure this or is a meth kit my only option?

A set of 60-lb injectors & in-tank Walbro 255 will work well with your combo; if I remember right, your Radix kit should have come with the Walbro 255 already, if so then yes just get a set of larger injectors & retune. The two most popular injector choices are the Siemens 60-pounders, but because the pigtails are different you need to also buy new connector ends ($60) and modify your existing wiring harness (2 hours soldering) -and- as these are taller you must also shim the injector rails with spacers; but they are proven and there is a lot of info available on modifying injector table values. The other injector choice is to get in touch with SRT10KILLER (James Verduccio) he sells a modified GM marine 8.1L injector that flows 70-pph and is plug-and-play, no adapters or shimming needed, but I am not sure as to the injector offset values etc to use when programming your PCM.

Mr. P. :)

PS if you need a Walbro 255, the cheapest/best place to get one is from Magnusson, we buy an entire kit from them for $140-ish if I remember right.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

A set of 60-lb injectors & in-tank Walbro 255 will work well with your combo; if I remember right, your Radix kit should have come with the Walbro 255 already, if so then yes just get a set of larger injectors & retune. The two most popular injector choices are the Siemens 60-pounders, but because the pigtails are different you need to also buy new connector ends ($60) and modify your existing wiring harness (2 hours soldering) -and- as these are taller you must also shim the injector rails with spacers; but they are proven and there is a lot of info available on modifying injector table values. The other injector choice is to get in touch with SRT10KILLER (James Verduccio) he sells a modified GM marine 8.1L injector that flows 70-pph and is plug-and-play, no adapters or shimming needed, but I am not sure as to the injector offset values etc to use when programming your PCM.

Mr. P. :)

PS if you need a Walbro 255, the cheapest/best place to get one is from Magnusson, we buy an entire kit from them for $140-ish if I remember right.

Thanks for feedback Mr.P. Ive already got the Walbro from Magna, looks like I be looking into the plug and play injectors from James.

hmm thats strange your dc is soo high? ive got 42lbs green tops.. i assuming the same ones as you...and my DC is must lower.. and im running a 2.9 pulley and a cam...maybe its got something to do with my truck being a 03 and yours is a 05.. which is a returnless fuel system? im still alil confused why your DC is that high for your setup..hmm