Midwest meet

AmesSS

I've been planning a GTO meet in Ames, IA for a while now. One of the guys on the GTO forum suggested we invite the SS crowd. It sounded like a good idea so I'm doing that.

It's going to be June 4-6 in Ames, IA. Ames is a nice drive on I-35 or I-80 from most anywhere in the mid-west.

We have give away prizes, a car show planned, dinner, possibly a poker run and more. There are details on a site I made for the event www.AmesGTO.com

I know for sure there will be one red SS there with all the goats :D

Grand idea! Do I have to bring my SS or would CTS-V be acceptable too? :cheers:

BTW, very nice website. :flag:

CTS-V is always good :D I've never seen one in person. But, both are definately welcome.

I own a web development/hosting company so a nice side bonus is I have all the tools and resources for making my own personal hobby sites. I'll have to get an SS and now CTS-V items on the list.

I know there are a couple of GTO's coming down from MN. If you and they are interested I could get you each others email addresses and you guys could drive down together.

Cool, if I'm done with my project I'd like to be there :chevy:

Awesome. It's pretty early but as of now we have a couple of red SS's so a black one would be great. I've never seen any SS's in person besides red. If SinisterSS ends up driving the CTS-V down we need the black SS.

I'm pretty new to this board, but I can tell you first hand putting real names/faces to the screen names is pretty fun. I went down to Kansas City a month ago and met a bunch of 04 GTO guys. It was really fun.

I have a blue SS... If the weather holds.. I could drive down on Saturday... There's

a big GM show in the Twin Cities on Sunday...

I'll check out your website..

Cool, getting a pic of one of every color lined up would be sweet.

George White is hosting the show on Sat. They agreed to have lunch brought in for all of us with cars there.

Also GW has a half page ad in several papers and on the front of the weekly flyer, they are going to include info on the GTO/SS show. They said about 50,000 people should see the ad.

They are also going to kick in some banners, posters, and whatever else they can find for give aways.

They have sold 3 new SS's there and are having the salesman who sold the truck call the owner and invite them.

LS1Speed and my company Cylosoft are going to pay for 1 t-shirts per car/truck. My wife almost has the T-shirt design done. Unfortunately the design was started before I invited this site and before I thought of making it a GTO/SS meet so the shirts are GTO themed shirts. Everyone that attends with an SS will still get shirts. Next year I will work on having shirts for both.

But, I have been working on sponsors to donate SS stuff. Hoen agreed to send several sets of headlights for the SS. I'm also gotten feedback that some sponsors might do gift certs so it will work for both SS and GTO.

I updated the registration form with SS info. Please register even if you are only driving down for the day on Sat. You need to register to get a shirt and free lunch.

SinisterSS I added an "other" car type for you. You will be the only non SS or GTO.

I also have www.AmesSS.com pointing to the site now. I might take a few hours for dns to update, but give it a try.

We'll see if the car is buit in time. '05 CTS-V production starts tomorrow!

I missed the 05 part. I would guess you will be driving the SS down? One of the guys on the GTO site has an 04 CTS-V, he loves it. He has posted a bunch of pics. Looks pretty cool. I'd really like to see it in person.

GM has accepted my order for June but no TPW yet. The dealer I bought it from is only a few hours from the plant so it will be a quick delivery once it is built.

Mentioned the event to the wife and she was less than thrilled about sitting around watching guys drool.

GM has accepted my order for June but no TPW yet. The dealer I bought it from is only a few hours from the plant so it will be a quick delivery once it is built.

Mentioned the event to the wife and she was less than thrilled about sitting around watching guys drool.

I went to a GTO meet in Kansas City about a month ago. Everyone had a wife or girlfriend there. The girls stuck together and talked. One couple is driving 8 hours and another 6 to be at the Ames meet. Both said their wives had fun in KC and were looking forward to Ames. To be honest I have no idea what the women really did, I didn't pay attention, but apparently it was fun.

I'm going to get some trophies today. I'm thinking longest drive, most mods, and crowd favorite.

Tbyrne signed on today as a sponor. They are sending 2 $50 gift certs and 2 Tbyrne t-shirts.

I have had several companies say they would like to give away SS specific products, but they'd like to see a few more SS's sign up. Right now the show is 75% GTO and 25% SS.

Please sign up if you think there is a good chance you will come. We are trying to make sure there is enough food and sponsors use the official registrations to help decide what to send. I want to make sure there is good SS prizes at the show.

Archived