Ss Mirrors

Ruben525

My hole mirror is painted I only want the cap painted

Take some pics and post them up for trade on the forum here; I imagine someone would like them, smoothing those mirrors is a PITA!

BTW the trim cap is held on with double-sided tape and possibly a fastner or two from inside the mirror, I have not disassembled one but I know you have to take the mirror apart to remove the trim cap.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Yea there signal but i'm gonna keep the mirrors cuz ones cracked I just want the stock mirror housing so I can paint the caps

the only difference on the mirrors between ss and stock are that the caps are painted right?

yesir!

not to thread jack or nething but i have a stock set of manual mirrors smoothed and painted black! if neone is interested .....and yes mr. p is rite on target with them being a total PITA! took hours to smooth

At least you did it right - a lot of guys bury them in primer, and weeks later when the primer has shrunk & cracks they're like ...WTF? :confused:

Mr. P. :)