Computer Help/input

NashSS

Well I'm am looking to buy a Laptop and they are coming out with the New Windows 7 Laptops this week and was wondering if any of you computer guru guys here can help me decide on a computer. Wanting to spend under 1k and favor HP and Dell but will consider others as well. It will mostly be used for maybe some very minor music (Have a Desktop for that) Internet and email. Will not be used for gaming as I am a console player. I just want to get a good reliable computer and don't want to get hammered by some damn salesman who is trying to push sales out the door.

Also I will need a router. Wanting to go wireless but this will be my first wireless router setup. The things that will be running off of it will be the desktop, Laptop, A WII, XBOX360, PS3, and IPOD Touches. Obviously these all wont be running at once but these are the things I want to get connected. I have heard that I would need a Wireless N+ Router but don't know where or what to buy. I have looked on bestbuys website but there are mixed reviews and I know some of you guys use wireless routers or maybe even most of you. Sorry for all the questions I just don't wanna get burned by some dumbass who has no idea what hes talking about. Thanks.

HP is total junk their CS is over seas and it takes months if you have warranty work done. Dell and Toshiba make nice laptops I prefer Toshiba because I have a 3 warranty repair centers within 15 miles of me. I have had my middle of the road Toshiba for 2 years now and it preforms flawlessly. The last dell I had for 5 years and the new owner has had it 2 years and it still runs great.

Edited by sprayed99 (see edit history)

I just got a new Dell Vostro 1520 a month ago, and it is awesome. I got one hell of a deal too, bought it direct through my office, this way I got the corporate discount on our Dell account. :D

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

i'm also in the market for a new computer, but i need a desktop. Considered building my own, but just don't have the time now days.

anyways, here is the router i have, its pretty bad ass...

http://www.netgear.com/Products/Routersand...s/WNDR3700.aspx

Let me build it :). Only take a few hours.

Edited by sprayed99 (see edit history)

HP is total junk their CS is over seas and it takes months if you have warranty work done. Dell and Toshiba make nice laptops I prefer Toshiba because I have a 3 warranty repair centers within 15 miles of me. I have had my middle of the road Toshiba for 2 years now and it preforms flawlessly. The last dell I had for 5 years and the new owner has had it 2 years and it still runs great.

Thats weird because Compaq and HP are the same company and I know that Compaq's customer service is American based actually it is a company called NEW in Klamath Falls, OR My home town. Im getting a Compaq desktop very soon for mainly that reason.

I know Toshiba makes good laptops but IMO Dell is crap. I have heard nothing but problems with people loosing there Motherboards on Dell laptops. I have and Alienware which is about 4 years old and the mother board is going out, and it mas made right after alienware was purchased by Dell.

Sony is also good but kinda expensive. For the money and value I think Toshiba may be the best bet. I seriously have never heard on bad thing about Toshiba ever

Let me build it :). Only take a few hours.

its not the building part that i don't have time for (well, i guess it is that too) but its the research and spec'ing of parts that i don't want to get into, plus my budget is tight and need to use a charge card for it.