My Speedo Gone Crazy

BigBlack

I know this has happend to a bunch of you guys. I just got on the highway passed a few cars then let off the gas to take an exit and I look down and the speedo says 120mph I was like mmmmmmmmm, please no, dont tell me your gonna do this. So as I stoped at the stop light I was like wow im still doing 50mph, but I feel like im standing still. oh wait I am. Stupid thing first time I ever had a problem with the cluster, Well off to the dealler tomorow unless you guys know a better way.. I hear that some dealers will replace the cluster under goodwill up to 70,000 miles on it, I have 75,000.. So I hope for the best.

I went to the dealer today and they will replace the cluster for free even free labor if your truck is under 70,000mi. I have 76,000mi so I have to pay for labor wich isnt to bad. The dealer and I have a pretty good relationship so I figured they might take care of me. I work pretty much next door to them so there even gonna pick up my SS and drop it off :thumbs:

I went to the dealer today and they will replace the cluster for free even free labor if your truck is under 70,000mi. I have 76,000mi so I have to pay for labor wich isnt to bad. The dealer and I have a pretty good relationship so I figured they might take care of me. I work pretty much next door to them so there even gonna pick up my SS and drop it off :thumbs:

Even if you don't have warranty???

Even if you don't have warranty???

Yes I have no warranty they looked at it and gm is paying for the cluster I just have to pay for the labor. They are doing this for all trucks up to 80,000 mi. Not to bad for GM to step up when they know they made a junk part. :thumbs:

Are you talking about Alden? Glad to see the dealer worked something out....

Ya Chris Alden took care of me they have been serviceing all my GM trucks for like 8 yrs. They are really good people in the service dept.

i also had the same problem soi called a private mechanic and repaired it but it didnt last longer.. i was very tensed but later i sold it...

I know this has happend to a bunch of you guys. I just got on the highway passed a few cars then let off the gas to take an exit and I look down and the speedo says 120mph I was like mmmmmmmmm, please no, dont tell me your gonna do this. So as I stoped at the stop light I was like wow im still doing 50mph, but I feel like im standing still. oh wait I am. Stupid thing first time I ever had a problem with the cluster, Well off to the dealler tomorow unless you guys know a better way.. I hear that some dealers will replace the cluster under goodwill up to 70,000 miles on it, I have 75,000.. So I hope for the best.

i know this could happen but we can even repair it in majority of shops... i have done it many times...