Zaino & Porter Cable 7424

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone used Zaino products with the Porter Cable 7424XP polisher, and if so, what Zaino product were used from start to finish?

PM Dylan (dylan06ss). He is the guru of everything to shine up the whip. He could def help you.

IMO, Zymol and manual hard work with some beer gets the job done the best. Polishers won't get into all the little details. just my two pennies man.

Edited by SSplaytoy (see edit history)

Zaino is designed for hand application. I am pretty sure if it is applied with the PC it would break it down to much and not be as effective. but I am not 100% on that. Dylan06SS is definitely the man to answer your question with out a doubt.

Don't use Zaino with a PC. The Z2 and Z5 should be applied by hand in LIGHT coats. You will waste a lot of product by trying to apply it by machine. However, the only Z products that should be applied by machine are the Zaino All In One, and the Z-PC swirl remover.

This is a good video on applying Zaino.

Here is pic of my truck with 2 coats of Z5 applied by hand. Remember, a sealant will give you a different look than a carnauba. Sealants will give you a more reflective look where a nuba will offer more depth.

P1010441.jpg

However, next detailing season I will be using this:

http://www.detailedimage.com/Blackfire-M32...-P205/16-oz-S1/

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

thanks SS Silv for the info on the sealant/reflective and carnuba/depth part, that helped me with deciding on my complete detail (been planning it forever). Learn more and more from you guys everyday. Those arborvitee(?) trees off your paint look huge and crystal clear!

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

Everyone pretty much covered the basics. Zaino is not a corrective product so it is not meant to be used with the PC... they really don't have any polishes or any product with a 'cut' to it. On unprepped paint it will act as a filler and hide the swirls in your clearcoat, nothing wrong with that, but you will need to reapply as the swirls will reappear. If you want to go with the PC to prep the paint and actually REMOVE the swirl marks check out Adams Swirl & Haze Remover on an orange pad followed with Fine Machine Polish on a white pad. After you've buffed the paint out you can apply whatever product you like over the top... personally on my TBSS I prefer Americana Paste Wax

DSC_5410.jpg

DSC_4976.jpg

DSC_4980.jpg

REFLECTION SHOT!!

DSC_4984.jpg

Everyone pretty much covered the basics. Zaino is not a corrective product so it is not meant to be used with the PC... they really don't have any polishes or any product with a 'cut' to it. On unprepped paint it will act as a filler and hide the swirls in your clearcoat, nothing wrong with that, but you will need to reapply as the swirls will reappear. If you want to go with the PC to prep the paint and actually REMOVE the swirl marks check out Adams Swirl & Haze Remover on an orange pad followed with Fine Machine Polish on a white pad. After you've buffed the paint out you can apply whatever product you like over the top... personally on my TBSS I prefer Americana Paste Wax

DSC_5410.jpg

DSC_4976.jpg

DSC_4980.jpg

REFLECTION SHOT!!

DSC_4984.jpg

That is some clean fuk'n paint my friend :thumbs:

Ever miss the SS?

That Americana wax looks great, but I can't see myself spending $70 on the small tub of wax. The more I see it though, the more I'd like to try it.

I would and probably will here soon. From what I've read on it. People have done over 30 wax jobs and still have half a tub left. "A little goes a long way"

Maybe there is a SSS discount? *looks to Dylan* LOL

Gonna have to go see what packages they have to offer atm. (Need to get her ready for winter). DD here....

DSC_5410.jpg

:omg::omg::omg: You definitely take every chance you get to make everybody jealous of that amazing paint. Not that I am complaining or anything, the more pictures of your TBSS I see the more I strive to perfect my paint. Still have a long way to go though :cheers: