Zaino & Porter Cable 7424

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the PC 7424XP and already have some Zaino polish. With all the positve comments about Adams products and a few others, I think I will try one of them since they have a complete paint care system.

I would and probably will here soon. From what I've read on it. People have done over 30 wax jobs and still have half a tub left. "A little goes a long way"

This is true of Zaino as well. It goes a LONG way. One importatnt thing I recently learned about Zaino... don't store it in the garage in the winter time. If it freezes, it breaks down somehow, and it doesn't work as well.

This is true of Zaino as well. It goes a LONG way. One importatnt thing I recently learned about Zaino... don't store it in the garage in the winter time. If it freezes, it breaks down somehow, and it doesn't work as well.

My bottle of Z5 is still going strong after three years. You can do a whole vehicle with less than an ounce of product.

And yes, keep it in a climate controlled area.

For those people who are looking for an awesome compound/polish, check out Meguiars M105 and M205.

One pass with 105 and one pass with 205. Very easy to use.

P1010341.jpg

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

That Americana wax looks great, but I can't see myself spending $70 on the small tub of wax. The more I see it though, the more I'd like to try it.

Its actually a steal when you're looking at "premium" paste waxes... its in the category performance wise with products that cost $150, $300, even $600!! If you're not a big detail geek you usually don't see most of these brands, but there are waxes up in the $10,000 and $30,000 range... so by comparison $70 is a bargain!! Also the amount of applications one tub will get you is insane. I got my tub in the very first run of production so I've had it longer than anyone really, I've applied it to TONS of cars other than mine and its just now starting to look like I've used some of it. I can easily say I will get 100+ applications out of my first tub.

Thats actually true of any sealant/wax for the most part. Almost all protective products are sensitive to heat/cold as are a lot of polishes, cleaners for the most part are OK to store in the garage, but all of my waxes, sealants, polishes, and temp sensitive products are kept in the house. I have a bag I use specifically to store them in and transport back and forth... its the one in this picture :D

DSC_4992.jpg

Damn!!!!

All this detailing talk is making me depressed. The leaves are falling, the temp is dropping, and snow is on it's way. The SS does not see the attention it would get in the summer. I will be doing my winter prep tomorrow and the chrome wheels come off.

Damn!!!!

All this detailing talk is making me depressed. The leaves are falling, the temp is dropping, and snow is on it's way. The SS does not see the attention it would get in the summer. I will be doing my winter prep tomorrow and the chrome wheels come off.

I hear ya bro. I put the stockers on last weekend. Thinking about doing some prep here as well. UGH..........

If you want to go with the PC to prep the paint and actually REMOVE the swirl marks check out Adams Swirl & Haze Remover on an orange pad followed with Fine Machine Polish on a white pad. After you've buffed the paint out you can apply whatever product you like over the top... personally on my TBSS I prefer Americana Paste Wax

I'm going with Dylan's words of advice here.

They have a hell of a deal on the Adams site atm. I ordered this today....

Daily Special: Adam's Fine Machine Polish, Machine Super Wax and a FREE Swirl and Haze Remover! $39.95

Adams Daily Special

I'm still going to get the Americana Wax but I'll try the Machine Super Wax out first since it's coming in the package. I already have all the proper pads for the PC so why not.

How is the Machine Super Wax Dylan (If you read this topic again. Or has anyone else tried it?

I'm going with Dylan's words of advice here.

They have a hell of a deal on the Adams site atm. I ordered this today....

Daily Special: Adam's Fine Machine Polish, Machine Super Wax and a FREE Swirl and Haze Remover! $39.95

Adams Daily Special

I'm still going to get the Americana Wax but I'll try the Machine Super Wax out first since it's coming in the package. I already have all the proper pads for the PC so why not.

How is the Machine Super Wax Dylan (If you read this topic again. Or has anyone else tried it?

The Machine super wax is awesome. This is my truck right after I finished a detail with Swirl & Haze remover then Fine machine polish and finished with the Machine super wax.

If I use the Adams products with the PC 7424, should I use something like Dawn dishsoap to get the Zaino off first, then machine it? I probably will go back over with what Zaino I left after that, or should I totally use the Adams?

If I use the Adams products with the PC 7424, should I use something like Dawn dishsoap to get the Zaino off first, then machine it? I probably will go back over with what Zaino I left after that, or should I totally use the Adams?

Yes, wash with Dawn soap, than I would use a clay bar. Next, polish your truck with the PC with whatever products you choose to use to remove swirls/scratches. Than you can apply Zaino or Adams sealant/wax. With my understanding, the Adams product that will offer close to the durability as Zaino would be Americana.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

Well from what I can tell Adams is more of a Machine use product line although they do have hand application products their main focus seems to be machine apps. There isn't one thing wrong with Adams. I have used a few of their products myself and love them but it all depends on what you want and feel comfortable doing. I'm not one to wax every weekend it just takes alot of time to do it so better protection is better for me. Each company has products that you may like better then the other. If you really want to tell what may or may not work better for you just go to both compay websites and look at their testimonials and pictures.

www.zainostore.com

www.adamsforums.com

www.adamspolishes.com

Its really nice for a synthetic. Its actually going to be renamed "Machine Sealant" according to Adam since thats technically what it is. As with all synthetic sealants it lacks depth, but it does have very shiny properties to it. I typically recommend topping it with a carnuba product to give you a little more depth... I've used the Buttery Wax or Ameriana over the top of MSW with great results.

You can wash with dawn to help, but it isn't necessarily required. To properly prep the paint you're going to be doing a full claybar and polish treatment, those will break down and remove the old products anyways so its not that big of a deal to do a strip wash... also dish soap will dry out your trim so its best to avoid it if you can... at most 1x a year is the most you should dish soap wash. You can use whatever product you want on top... polishes don't leave anything behind so theres not going to be 'bonding' issues.... if you want to correct with Adams and top with Zaino thats your call. Theres no rule that says you have to stick with one product line. I've seen many people even top some Zaino products with a natural carnuba with good results b/c they want the depth of a natural product and Zaino, while shiny, doesn't have much depth.

If you do decide to place an order with Adams shoot me a PM... I still have a couple of active discount codes that'll save you some money if you want.

Yes, wash with Dawn soap, than I would use a clay bar. Next, polish your truck with the PC with whatever products you choose to use to remove swirls/scratches. Than you can apply Zaino or Adams sealant/wax. With my understanding, the Adams product that will offer close to the durability as Zaino would be Americana.

Actually Machine Superwax is the most durable product... it takes approximately 2-3 coats of Americana to match the durability of MSW.

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)