Moing To Indiana

TYLERTXSS

Thanks to the Army Im going to be living in Indiana, 39 miles south of Indy, from Dec 29th, 2009-Dec 29th, 2010. I have lived in Tx my whole life and only seen snow once. I have Pirelli Scorpion ATR's on my SS right now and its my daily driver. Will those do decently when it gets icy and snowy or do i need a more aggressive tread pattern?

Unless you really get acustomed to driving in the Snow ... I'd get a set of something like these ...

Linky ... or 250513025073

You can pick them up on the way out of town.

Just remember ... Wide tires SUCK in the snow. And if it's a more shallow of a tread pattern .. you will have some problems. The AWD will help ... but with wet snow, the ABS will be kicking on sooner then you think. Especially if you have upgraded brakes.

I lived in Indiana for 4 years while I went to school (Purdue in West Lafayette) and I just ran the stock Goodyears and the truck did fine... You just need to learn how to drive in the snow. When it does snow go to a big open parking lot and practice driving in it. What town are you going to live in?

You'll be fine. I'm up on the WI/IL border and I have directional sport tires and haven't had a problem. If you're feeling "loose", throw some sand bags in the back. Don't bother buying new tires for one year. The way the weather is around here you may only see snow 2-3 times(or 20 times) hard to say.

i am from TN and it really doesnt snow much there either. the Army stationed me up here in WA. and it snows alot more here than what i am use to.

last year i ran my nitto 420s and did ok a little slipping but i am also 2wd all in all i was suprized how well the SS held up in it

I have Pirelli Scorpion ATR's on my SS right now and its my daily driver as well and i live in idaho we get a fair amount of snow every year , i was really impressed on how well my tires did in the snow and ice , they were brand new for last years winter season . they have a real good shoulder on them my buddy manages a tire store and he said that is the tire i want to have for living in my climate , you should be fine... how many miles do you have on them?