Awd 60ft's

4.8t

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm... 10s huh... OK thats GREAT to know lol. Although im SURE it wouldnt hurt to beef up the rear in these things anyway.

look up parish on youtube and streetfire. he went as fast as 10.01 i believe. hell he ran 10.9's with the stock g80. his friend blew that up on the street in 2wd.

here is a new idea for me. found out not only does 4wheelparts dot com offer a lifetime warranty on the tru-trac they offer it on their aftermarket axle's. its 10% the cost of the part. so for $7** i can get a tru-trac and superior axles with a lifetime warranty. if you break it all you have to pay for is the warranty on the new part. so break and axle its like $15 if that and if you break the tru-trac its $40. not too bad. then install a new (bent) pan hard bar and fit a girdle in there.

then fix the front end and put the nv149 t-case back in and call it good. that should handle good....right?

Edited by 4.8t (see edit history)

look up parish on youtube and streetfire. he went as fast as 10.01 i believe. hell he ran 10.9's with the stock g80. his friend blew that up on the street in 2wd.

here is a new idea for me. found out not only does 4wheelparts dot com offer a lifetime warranty on the tru-trac they offer it on their aftermarket axle's. its 10% the cost of the part. so for $7** i can get a tru-trac and superior axles with a lifetime warranty. if you break it all you have to pay for is the warranty on the new part. so break and axle its like $15 if that and if you break the tru-trac its $40. not too bad. then install a new (bent) pan hard bar and fit a girdle in there.

then fix the front end and put the nv149 t-case back in and call it good. that should handle good....right?

Sounds like a good money saving idea to me :thumbs:

I haven't seen updates on Parish in awhile. He never got that blue beast into the 9's with the boost and spray? I know he put down over 1k hp awhile back.

kinda what i was thinking.

he sold the ole silverado. he cracked a sleeve in the motor which is why he kept popping head gaskets. since then he and his crew built a 5.3 turbo fairmount that went easy 9's and all kinda of other things.

so how much more power does it take to drop a 60ft in awd vs 2wd? or is it more of traction? watching my runs where i didn't break things and i thought i was hooking, i can see the rear tire turn over one or two good times before hooking hard and launching.

• 3 weeks later...