Boost?

Since I put on the new pulley Ive noticed ive only been able to get up to 9 psi the pulley is set up to get to 12 psi I had just a couple question. Once I put on the new headers and took off the cats I noticed with my stock set up I was only gett 5 psi, is this because there is more flow? So would going to a smaller pulley help me to achieve my 12 psi? There are no leaks in the system I checked. Also I have the stock blow off valve that came with my kit could this cause the loss of boost? Just had couple questions on where the boost might have gone. If I have to I will get a smaller pulley.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I put on the new pulley Ive noticed ive only been able to get up to 9 psi the pulley is set up to get to 12 psi I had just a couple question. Once I put on the new headers and took off the cats I noticed with my stock set up I was only gett 5 psi, is this because there is more flow? So would going to a smaller pulley help me to achieve my 12 psi? There are no leaks in the system I checked. Also I have the stock blow off valve that came with my kit could this cause the loss of boost? Just had couple questions on where the boost might have gone. If I have to I will get a smaller pulley.

you are probably have a boost leak maybe or your getting that good o belt slip.....you have a 12 psi pulley and only getting 5 psi??

A less restrictive exhaust will surely make for less boost however more than likely, you are still processing the same amount of air (or more) through your motor.

You pinned your crank pulley correct? (I thin I remember you doing that...)

IMO you have a few things going on... what krambo said (if your not pinned), some additional belt slip....

but most of it is that exhaust... what size exhaust tubing is it? hows it ran? if its not too free flowing (not good amount of back pressure a blower needs), id assume that before you had a clogged cat or something. normally only see a lb or two drop with headers

I'm seeing 9lbs right now so its a 3lb drop in psi, but when I first did the exhaust and cat delete I saw a 3lb drop in psi it went from 8 to 5 psi. Could I pulley down again to see 12 psi or will I be pushing the engine to much? I tried to pin the crank but can't get the bolt off so I drew a straight line threw the bolt and the pulley and it hasn't moved so that's not slipping.

it doesnt matter if you replaced the belt or not... i was just asking if there was black looking dust because most of hte time no one has any idea their belt is slipping unless they really pay attention under the hood

oh and if you are still looking to take your truck to a higher HP id invest in an 8 rib setup... i hate those stupid gatorback and similar belts... they're so damn noisey.... :eek:

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)