Boost?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesnt matter if you replaced the belt or not... i was just asking if there was black looking dust because most of hte time no one has any idea their belt is slipping unless they really pay attention under the hood

oh and if you are still looking to take your truck to a higher HP id invest in an 8 rib setup... i hate those stupid gatorback and similar belts... they're so damn noisey.... :eek:

I know sorry if I sounded snippy, but yeah looked under there today there is black dust im guessing after I raced that sti my belt prolly stretched as it was the belt was alittle loose for my likeing. I can feel it doesnt pull like when I first put the new belt and pulley on. I was thinking more hp I want to do 60lb injectors, gt2-3 cam and new push rods and prolly a 15psi pulley. Where could I get a cog set up for my truck would it be hard to install im guessing that means I have to change all the pulleys??

Wow the cog kits are not cheap lol!!! is there any way besides going cog to help limit or elimanate the slippage to a minumum? Is there any one belt better then the other one ?

Run an 8 rib setup or lose the power adder. If you don't want belt slip a cog setup is the way to go.

How bout going with a little smaller belt and a different tensioner pulley im using just the stock tensioner right now is there a better tensioner pulley?

Putting a bandaid on a hemorage is only going to stop the bleeding for so long before you loose all your blood.... How many times do you want to fix the same problem.

it doesnt matter if you replaced the belt or not... i was just asking if there was black looking dust because most of hte time no one has any idea their belt is slipping unless they really pay attention under the hood

oh and if you are still looking to take your truck to a higher HP id invest in an 8 rib setup... i hate those stupid gatorback and similar belts... they're so damn noisey.... :eek:

That just means your exhaust isnt loud enough!! :jester:

if you drive this truck everyday, i wouldnt get a cog setup. i mentioned that gatorback belts were noisey.... cog is a whole new level lol. i think it sounds cool on somebodys "weekend warrior" or drag truck but it would drive me insane on a daily basis.

you will be straight with an 8 rib. im running 600+ rwhp with an 8 rib and the newer maggie tensioner. doesnt slip hardly at all, never broke a belt or tensioner since. it should work fine for your setup :)

So yeah went out to the truck and opened the hood to work on my meth kit and there was belt dust everywhere and chunks of belt the procharger was almost black lol I tested the tension on the belt and there is like no tension at all. Its a new gator back v belt guess ill have to go back to gates and get a smaller belt. Thanks everyone for your input it has helped greatley thinking of doing the cog kit seeing how the 8 rib set up is only alittle cheaper. For right now im going to change out the belt and get a magnuson belt tensioner.

• 2 months later...
How bout going with a little smaller belt and a different tensioner pulley im using just the stock tensioner right now is there a better tensioner pulley?

The Powerdyne on mine eliminates the spring loaded tensioner all together. And I STILL get belt slip, total pita! I've got the Gatorback as tight as I feel comfy with, just plain old sucks.