Ss Vinyl Decals

1 Fast SS

They will go away after time. At least they should. It's like installing window tint, you have to set your truck in the sun for a few days. Did you squeegee out the bubbles before taking off the pre-mask? That usually helps, but they look really good. Here's a tip too. Can't remember how many I gave to you, but you get some krylon "Bright silver" paint at wal-mart for a few bucks and some primer, and spray your bowtie silver to make it look like billet, be sure to clear coat it, wait a couple of days and then put the red decals on. Just don't get any chrome paint, because when you clear coat it, it will turn colors. At least thats what I would do until you get a billtet one.

Terry

Edited by 1 Fast SS (see edit history)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine, Thank You. How should these be applied? Ive noticed the whole thing is sticky but Im unsure of how to just put the SS part on. Help me please I'm an idiot when it comes to installing decals.

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

I got mine, Thank You. How should these be applied? Ive noticed the whole thing is sticky but Im unsure of how to just put the SS part on. Help me please I'm an idiot when it comes to installing decals.

Here's what I do, and some people may do it different, but they go on the same way.

First I'll rub the pre-mask tape to the sticker pretty good on a flat hard surface to ensure that the decal comes off with the pre-mask (white paper).

Then I'll clean the object that you are putting it on real good, and use some rubbing alcohol on it too just to be sure its good and clean.

Third, once the "all" of the decal comes of with the pre-mask tape, I'll spray just a light spray of windex or soapy water on the sticky side of the decal and pre-mask so it can move around alittle. This is so you can get it centered on the object that you are installing it on. You'll be able to tell when you've put to much on, because it will take forever for the pre-mask tape to come off the decal once installed.

Forth, once you have centered the decals, gently squeegee out the bubbles and the remaining windex or soapy water, but make sure that the decals didn't move on you. You can use a hair dryer to speed up the process, (NO HEAT GUN) but not to much or you will melt the lettering. Once this is dry enough, take off the pre-mask "Slowly" so that the decal stays on, and the pre-mask comes off.

Then, if there are any bubbles left in the decals, you can gently squeegee them out or use the hair dryer to shrink them out too.

Hope this helps with everyone. I gave some of you more than what you asked for just in case you make a mistake. Enjoy!! :cheers:

Terry

thank you I got mine to. they look awesome. if you drop me a paypal address ill send you some cash for stamps

It's ok. I'm not looking for anything. Just glad you guys are happy with them. I still have a crap load left if anyone would like some. Just send me a PM with your name and address, and I'll send you some out.

Eric, those look nice on there. It looks like they do reflect. So when someone is shining their lightsin your direction, then they will know its an SS. :)

• 1 month later...