Raced 2010 Camaro Ss

hossram64

so on the highway I get along a new yellow camaro ss I rev the truck up alittle bit to see if would bite and then I take off, well he did wish he didnt we get on the connector for getting on to 84 as we are coming off I floor it so does he from like a 60mph roll he pulls around me and about 2 car lengths infront of me and I stay 2 lengths from him up to 120 and then he starts to pull again so I cut it off because there is no way I can get him top end so we both slow and as he is getting off we give eachother the thumbs up. Damn I thought I would do better I was seeing 8lbs of boost and seeing how they are a 12.9 car I thought I would do better then that. I must have gotten him in his sweet spot.

Sweet spot for sure. Considering I have heard some manuals being able to trap in the 105-109 range supposedly, And even your truck as a high 12's, you could possibly be trapping in the 103-105 range, its not surprising. Who knows, he could have had some mild mods like headers, exhaust, or even just a tune :dunno: A faster quarter mile time doesn't always mean you will win. Trap speeds are a better comparison for higher speed roll races. I may run a 13.19@101, but if I run a car that runs a 13.3-13.4, but traps at 104ish or better, I might lose that roll race starting at 60+mph...Obviously if we run a full quarter, I would win if I have the same or better reaction time. Unfortunately, most of us are quicker out of the hole and the 0-60 area than the 60-100+mph area, especially myself with a radix. A Procharger is a little different and probably has a little better top end than a radix.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

I ran a best of 12.95 in my brothers 2010 Camaro and it is an auto. I took home almost 2K with it bracket racing because it was so consistent. I put my dial-in at 13.00 and was running 13.02-13.05 then I lowered it to 12.97 and ran a 12.97 and a 12.99 on the last/money race. From a dig you would probably take him especially if you are AWD. :cheers:

I ran a best of 12.95 in my brothers 2010 Camaro and it is an auto. I took home almost 2K with it bracket racing because it was so consistent. I put my dial-in at 13.00 and was running 13.02-13.05 then I lowered it to 12.97 and ran a 12.97 and a 12.99 on the last/money race. From a dig you would probably take him especially if you are AWD. :cheers:

Thanks that is what I was thinking from like 0 to around 75 my truck pulls crazy hard but kinda dies top end still pulls but not nearly as hard.

I ran a best of 12.95 in my brothers 2010 Camaro and it is an auto. I took home almost 2K with it bracket racing because it was so consistent. I put my dial-in at 13.00 and was running 13.02-13.05 then I lowered it to 12.97 and ran a 12.97 and a 12.99 on the last/money race. From a dig you would probably take him especially if you are AWD.

What were you trapping with that auto '10 Camaro?

That sucks I raced a black one and the only thing he saw were my taillights.. We went from a dig... I was running 8lbs of sts rear mount.. You must have just caught him in that sweet spot.

just saying cause i was an intercooled sts for a while, if u dont have a lot more mods than just the turbo u wouldnt be able to pull on a new maro unless he spun through 2nd cause just 8lbs of boost on a sts kit doesnt usually get you to a 13.0. maybe u just spooled fast but i havent seen one of these trucks with just 8lbs run with a camaro.

Thanks that is what I was thinking from like 0 to around 75 my truck pulls crazy hard but kinda dies top end still pulls but not nearly as hard.
You don't have to tell me as I am not yet boosted so you can imagine how bad my truck falls on its face when it hits 3rd, lol.

What were you trapping with that auto '10 Camaro?
My highest was 182.54 km/h which according to an online calculator it is 113.425 MPH.

from looking at pictures it was definatley the RS/SS camaro not sure if that makes a difference. What is the difference between the RS/SS, and the regular SS?
The RS has some cosmetic options like HID's (w/Halo), painted rain channels, trunk spoiler etc. but same engine.

Here are some pics of my brother's 2SS/RS:

With the Nitto DR's:

DSC01650.jpg

With the 22's:

DSC01628.jpg

After the stocks were painted:

DSC00040.jpg

And this is what most will be seeing after the stroked and blown 416 goes in, lol:

DSC01631.jpg

If you go to my vids section you can see some of my races.

just saying cause i was an intercooled sts for a while, if u dont have a lot more mods than just the turbo u wouldnt be able to pull on a new maro unless he spun through 2nd cause just 8lbs of boost on a sts kit doesnt usually get you to a 13.0. maybe u just spooled fast but i havent seen one of these trucks with just 8lbs run with a camaro.

Mine did.... Kept up with them at 7-8psi and when I hit the switch for 12psi back in the day I would just leave them

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

so on the highway I get along a new yellow camaro ss I rev the truck up alittle bit to see if would bite and then I take off, well he did wish he didnt we get on the connector for getting on to 84 as we are coming off I floor it so does he from like a 60mph roll he pulls around me and about 2 car lengths infront of me and I stay 2 lengths from him up to 120 and then he starts to pull again so I cut it off because there is no way I can get him top end so we both slow and as he is getting off we give eachother the thumbs up. Damn I thought I would do better I was seeing 8lbs of boost and seeing how they are a 12.9 car I thought I would do better then that. I must have gotten him in his sweet spot.

you get a flip camera yet to film your races??