New Guy...

Tony.SS.

Hi all. Wanted to drop in and sign up. HI ALL! My name is Tony and i live in PA. I own a sign and decal shop here and am also going back to school for my teaching degree. I just got a Silverado SS on Sunday "2 days ago" And wanted to get into a good forum. I am not new to the "SS" family. I have had a 06 MonteCarlo SS, 07 Trailblazer SS, and now my 04 Silverado SS. Traded a 08 Mustang GT since i needed something to raise a family in. Getting married in spring of 2010 and had to grow up some. She wants kids soon after the wedding so i had to get on the ball. lol.. Got a screamin deal on the SS, payment went down like $100 and the insurance will go WAY down. I am NOT a ford guy and have no idea why i got one of those. I really love the truck and waste no time to get into mods. The 4 doors are great and it is LOADED with everything option you can get. I have many questions and i know you guys will know the anwsers right off the bat. "God i love forums". again, sorry for the load of questions, but here they are.....

- Installing my Pioneer Avic-D3 soon. My ss has the Bose and onstar with steering wheel controls. What "GMOS" part do i need to wire all this up? And is there any company that makes a satellite antenna adapter so you can use the stock GM sat antenna and not add a 3rd for Sirius ?? Anyone know of a company that sells a pre-wired adapter, so you don't have to spend 2 hrs wiring and cussing the whole way?? lol

- There was a Bullet Exhaust on the truck when i got it, dual rear exit. Any good? not that loud tho.. I am thinking of side exit exhaust, in front of the rear wheels, both sides. Anyone make these? or is it a custom install?? pics??

- I am really leaning towards the "murdered out" look. I did this to my M109R and love it. My wheels will need some paint or powder coat. I know there are many that have done this. What is the best way?? I painted the rims on my bike. satin black. so far they have worked out.

- There is a K&N in the stock airbox, and that will be tore off. What is a good "Cheaper" CAI? not much $$ to throw around right now. I will do all or most of the mods myself. Making custom parts is all the fun.

- my MPG right now is 16 average. Tuners always help, what is a good one for the SS V8?? Tho right now i have a heavy right foot. miss burnouts tho, love AWD, but not as much fun..

Ya ya yaaa. I know, i have a ton of questions and some of you guys will be like.. search is your friend.. lol.. sorry about that. But wanted to get it all in one post. I am going to design up some stripes. Don't know if i want hockey stripes or 12" racing stripes with accent pinstripes. Either one will most likely be flat black or some other very "low Key" color. I like the ghosted look. I am thinking flat black wheels and flat black stripes..

well. I have typed too much.. thanks in advance for all your help.. ! :urgent: !

- There was a Bullet Exhaust on the truck when i got it, dual rear exit. Any good? not that loud tho.. I am thinking of side exit exhaust, in front of the rear wheels, both sides. Anyone make these? or is it a custom install?? pics??

- There is a K&N in the stock airbox, and that will be tore off. What is a good "Cheaper" CAI? not much $$ to throw around right now. I will do all or most of the mods myself. Making custom parts is all the fun.

- my MPG right now is 16 average. Tuners always help, what is a good one for the SS V8?? Tho right now i have a heavy right foot. miss burnouts tho, love AWD, but not as much fun..

welcome to the site tony :cheers:

to answer a few of your questions...

never heard of the bullet exhaust so i can't really help you out there. as far as side exit exhaust goes, most guys run it out right before the rear passenger side tire. there is lots of stuff in the way (fuel tank, frame, etc.) that prevents running the exhaust out in front of both rear tires. i'm not saying it cant be done, but it wouldn't be very practical. im not sure that there is a side exhaust kit out there for the ss. just have a muffler shop fab you something up.

i'm in college right now so i understand wanting to save some scratch where you can. i wasn't looking to spend $250-$350 on a cai, so this is what i went with. spectre cai - $105.99 on jegs. for the price, cant beat it. had noticable gains over the factory box.

there are several quality tuners out there. wheatley, blackbear, and zippy are the big guys here on the site. i can vouch for wheatley as he has done the tuning on my truck. great work, great customer service, great guy. as far as mods go, you get the most bang for your buck with a custom tune.

like you said, the search button is your friend. check out some of the older threads. there is a wealth of information out there, just take some time and read it :thumbs:

Welcome! :cheers:

A couple of things that I can answer. I have a K&N CAI, and I've been very happy with it. Cost me around $250. Mileage-wise, I get close to 20 on the highway, 14 to 16 local (depending on the right foot). All my mods are listed in My Garage. There's a link below the sig.

Welcome to the site!

I have an Airaid CAI, they offer two different models, and the Airaid Jr is pretty inexpensive. As far as your wheels go, powdercoat is by far the best option. I'm getting ready to do mine soon, you can expect to pay an average of $100/rim from what I've seen, but definitely shop around. I went with a Black Bear Performance tune (they have a link on the right side of the page ------->) and I am very happy. A custom tune will really wake up your stock engine.

I for one like your racing stripe idea (you'll find on this site people either love or hate the "murdered out" look.) I thought about doing flat black stripes at one point, but couldn't get them to fit with my cowl hood. I've never seen it done, but I think it would look awesome.