New Tires Ordered--not Much Info Available.

05_gaSShog

Wassup guys I just ordered 2 of four needed tires for the SS, Toyo Proxes S/T II in 305/50-20. There is not a lot of information available on them. They look like a nice tire.

Any of guys have them and how did they do in the rain, dry, wet, and light snow? They will be mounted and balanced for $152.00 a piece, so I think I did okay. I was going yokohama parada spec-x's in the same size.....buuuut they were 186.00 a piece...I didn't really see the 136.00 extra for the set.

Well after my PM from Mr. P....I ordered all 4. They aren't the S/T II....They are the S/T I's, which is fine by me as the tread pattern looks nicer. They are on and installed for 610.00 tax/mounted/balanced.

They look great and ride very well so far...only about 125 miles on them, lol. I'll get some pics up after the middle of this week if time permits for guys who are unsure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have pics from my iPhone that I need to get up of them. I am thouroughly impressed with the handling and grip of these tires. However, since they are 305's they do have a physical advantage over the stock Goodyear 275's.

Been on for about 1200 miles, so it really is pretty early to praise them fully yet...but I am very happy.

I love them, they are soft, and will flat spot in about 12 hours, but takes less then about 2 miles for them to smooth out. Traction is much improved over the stock goodyears. Handling is superb and wet traction is awesome, I thought I would get a chance to test them in the snow, but we got Jipped*sp.

I have no doubt that with the 305's and some sway bars I could put down a great skid pad # in a fullsize truck....

I have read that the snow traction is about 50/50 between people...some say it's great other say it sucks, but since we might see snow for only 3 days a year it was not a deciding factor.