Headers?

Ruben525

I have some short tube pacesetter headers and there bent I'm wondering what kind of headers I can get for my truck now. Is there any long tubes that I can use that I can pass smog with? I'm just looking for some good headers short or long that I can put on and not have to worry about them going bad like my pacesetters. I'm a little short on cash but I don't wanna go cheap because I won't them to last. What's the difference between long tubes and short tubes?

the best you can do in CA is shorty's or mid. the best were TOGs but there out of business. you can try Doug's

post-2901-1258236472_thumb.jpg

i don't know any others off the top right now that are CARB..

or you can go LT's and find someone to look the other way at inspection time, or hassle of removing them for inspection. i have TOGs and there very nice and holding up good after 4 yrs..

good luck

:seeya:

Bassani makes mid length headers that are CARB legal.

Only bad thing about them is the price. You can get a good set of LT's cheaper if you shop around. Im still torn about what to get. :confused:

LPP has a nice looking stainless shortie for around 240ish.

I'm just not sure what to get I kind of don't wanna get longtubes because of the whole smog thing but just not sure what shortys to go with I'm kinda short on cash works slow so any ideas on good shortys? Dose anyone know how much power shortys will give u I hear long tubes are alot better thanks for the info I'm gonna check out the ones u guys told me about

Dynatech, pricey but you shouldn't have any smog issues since the kit includes cats.......

there still not CARB. certified. they state that the cats and O2s must remain in the factory stock location.

with any LTs, it will move them a few inches farther down from stock even if it will pass the sniffer test..that's the biggest hang up we have about LTs in CA. to get any after market parts CARB. certified cost BIG bucks to go Thur the BS needed for them to approve it.

:seeya:

EGR valve= exhaust gas recirculation valve.....don't worry your truck isn't EGR equipped.....

Ok thanks now I know not to get egr.So far OBX headers are looking good but haven't realy heard to much about them there around 300$ but I just don't know what to get cuz cash is short but I need them and just not sure witch brand ether :confused:

When it comes to headers, as with some many other things in life, you get what you pay for. It took me a while to save up and get my bassani headers, and even longer to get the money to put them in. With shortys, you may be a slightly improved exhaust note, but thats about it. For improvement that you will notice with the seat of the pants butt dyno, long tubes are the way to go. There again, if you are concerned with carb regulations than it may be an issue for you. I did notice much improved mid range with I did my Bassani's, but still would have had even more had a went long tube. Maybe one day I'll say screw it and man up for some long tubes. Until then, i can live with legal mids. Pick out the best header to fit your long term goals, and save for it. In the long run its worth waiting to have a quality header that is well made and will last as well as perform