Door Messed Up

went to target today. in the rain, parked basically in a quiet spot, when i came out i noticed my drivers door was messed up ,wtf i said, looked like a carriage went into my door, boy was i mad, everytime i take the ss out somebody has to be reckless, i hate that,, needed to blow off steam,,,,

When I had my 04 I used to park away from all the other cars to avoid stuff like that, boy was that a bad move. The last time I did that it got stolen! On a Sunday afternoon and nobody saw anything because I parked too far away! Now its just easier to risk it and park with all the others, figure I've got better chances.

When I had my 04 I used to park away from all the other cars to avoid stuff like that, boy was that a bad move. The last time I did that it got stolen! On a Sunday afternoon and nobody saw anything because I parked too far away! Now its just easier to risk it and park with all the others, figure I've got better chances.

I think a lot of it has to do with the community that you live in; when I lived in Stephenville I always parked with the crowd at the Walmart etc, and *never* got a door ding or fingerprint - so far it's been the same here in Plano. But the times I've taken the truck to Oklahoma City it just got totally beat on, I would find hand prints on the doors and windows, door dings all up & down the cladding, etc. I'm more afraid of the truck being stolen now than being damaged.

Mr. P.

I annoy the shit out of my friends because I park in the middle of nowhere for that reason. Id kill someone if they messed up my truck.

:withstupid: Girls especially don't get. They are to precious to walk and they get all pissy when you park far away. There words are "Its just a truck" Yeah well its my truck is what I tell them :idiot:

:withstupid: Girls especially don't get. They are to precious to walk and they get all pissy when you park far away. There words are "Its just a truck" Yeah well its my truck is what I tell them :idiot:

Amen brother!! Anytime I am with on of my female friends they just don't get it and give me crap like I need to bring my hiking shoes or something else. I get ragged on for folding my mirrors in too. People just have no respect anymore for anyone's property. I work hard for what I got. I don't care if it's "just a truck" to them.

Amen brother!! Anytime I am with on of my female friends they just don't get it and give me crap like I need to bring my hiking shoes or something else. I get ragged on for folding my mirrors in too. People just have no respect anymore for anyone's property. I work hard for what I got. I don't care if it's "just a truck" to them.

Not 100% true! :) My wife understands, and doesn't mind walking. Her Subaru Forester is beat to crap from when she parks close, so she's OK with it that I park in the boonies.

Hey, I get it! I help you find far away parking spots away from idiots! I know better by now, and I just learned to wear comfortable shoes to avoid problems.

For those of you that have gf's that don't like walking...treat them special and drop them off at the front door, and pick them up at the front door...you do the walking. :thumbs:

I've always wondered how many of the people I see circling the parking lot waiting for a upfront parking space to open up pay a monthly gym membership. :D

...There words are "Its just a truck" Yeah well its my truck is what I tell them :idiot:

Agree totally; I get this hatin crap when I tell people to close the door with the door handle rather than just push on the edge of the door with their hands, I admit it's a small thing and a pet peeve but it just infuriates the hell out of me. You ever want to see me cuss in private come watch me cleaning the handprints off my doors! When I ask people to use the door handle (that's what it's there for!) I usually get attitude, except from my kids I didn't even have to 'tell' them, just asked them once when we first bought the tuck (my kids were with me) and now 6-years later they're teens and still close the door using the handle. I figure if teenagers can use the door handle, so can everyone else LOL.

Mr. P. :)

For those of you that have gf's that don't like walking...treat them special and drop them off at the front door, and pick them up at the front door...you do the walking. :thumbs:

I've always wondered how many of the people I see circling the parking lot waiting for a upfront parking space to open up pay a monthly gym membership. :D

I'm with you brother! Its respect, like Mr. P was eluding too. My Grandfather always drop my Grandmother off at the front door step and she would tell me that a real woman will always appreciate your thoughtfulness. The family has no problem walking thought the parking lot and is it me or has anybody really paid-attention the closer to the front of the parking lot the worse the cars are and fatter the people are that drive them. I still fold the mirrors in and I even installed a pair on the wife's '01 Suburban. I some times have to bend her ear about not parking so close at the mall because when I wash it I know "like we all do" what new "parking lot badge" it has. Man I think the cars from the early 1970's and earlier had think a$$ door skins compared to today's super thin skins now a days.

As a kid I could remember my mom's '77 Monte Carlo with its dig a$$ door "I think those things are about five feet long" you could kick the thing in the middle to close it and just get it dirty. The my dad would had me a bucket and sponge and told me to wash it. Most of my friends had paper routes I washed my mom's black Monte Carlo on a daily basis.