2" Shackle Question

00silverad0

Looking to do shackles on my truck. Friend of mine (mechanic) said he would do it for cheap, he did it on his 97 silverado 1500 2wd. He told me its easy blah blah. I also told himI'm pretty sure the gastank has to be dropped in order to put on the lowering shackles (at least thats what I read in Mr P's write up.

Anyways, would love for him to do this, just wanna make sure there is no differences. I referenced MR P's thread and didnt see anything other than you DO have to drop the tank,

Any info appreciated. Thanks

:withstupid:

Changing the shackles (at the REAR of the leaf spring) is super easy; changing the hangers (at the FRONT of the leaf spring) is a PITA. I think Dan and I have swapped a pair of rear 2" drop shackles in as little as 20-mins? And if you have to remove the trailer hitch then it might take a little over 1/2-hr.

Mr. P. :)

Allright gentelmen. Thank You very much. I just put the order in for the shackles. Any suggestions or things I need to do once the shackles are installed?

Post up a pic and then drive it! :D After you install the shackles you might decide that you want 1" drop keys to lower the front 1", personally I think the truck looks best with 1" rake. But that can come later and is super easy to do as well.

Mr. P. :)

Just go 4/3 and be done lol. I tried just doing shackles and turning the torsions, liked it until I saw a few others in person with 4/3. Two weeks later mine was sittin 4/3 :)

no u just couldnt get rear shackels that were chrome!!!! bwuahahahahahahaha.

Edited by 8 UR HMI (see edit history)

Not on shackles. But if you do hangers you have to lower the gas tank.

This will heat things up here on this discussion but you do not HAVE to lower the tank. I didn't on a 05 chev. short bed. Easier maybe, maybe not I just elected to not have wrestle or mess with the tank. Also you don't have to remove the trailer hitch either. I know the bolts have to be pulled in towards the center of the vehicle to get out. All I did was purchase some new spring bolts and cut the old ones to remove them. Its all in how you want to do it.